• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Spending too much time in bed

Droid0669

Droid0669

I'm confused tbh my anxiety and deppresion has been really bad lately and for the past week I've spent almost everyday in bed and I get out of bed around midnight maybe stay up until 8 if I can... usually take a shower eat a bit.... but I guess what's concerning me is how bad is it to stay in bed as much as I have? I've been here before tbh but I feel like I was at least more active then...I usually get out of bed for about 30 minutes every maybe two hours during the day go to the bathroom and eat...I just don't know what damage I'm doing to my body and how long this can last. I do take meds and have a psychiatrist I'm also trying to find a therapist it's just so hot during the day I feel sick and anxious and yeah I know I'm rambling just wondering if anybody has been through the same thing.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi welcome x
i spend weeks in bed when my mum died as i just couldn't face the world
i sleep too much now too
and i know it isn't good for me
do you have anything you can do during the day?
i think the first step is identifying why you spend so much time in bed
could it be boredom? medication make you sleepy?

i think you need to tell your psychiatrist about this too
love Lu xxx

Droid0669

Droid0669

I'm not really sure tbh my anxiety and deppresion just make everything seem so giant and scary even the simplest tasks it just feels like getting up and facing the day is impossible

T

treasurebox

Music therapy works for me. Listening to good, uplifting and encouraging songs in youtube helps me think and feel better. I do it everday. Try it, it is good.

Also, do what you love to do or do what you are good at. Is it cooking, baking, writing, arts and crafts, carpentry, etc.? Do it. It will make you happy and fulfilled.

P

Prycejosh1987

I'm confused tbh my anxiety and deppresion has been really bad lately and for the past week I've spent almost everyday in bed and I get out of bed around midnight maybe stay up until 8 if I can... usually take a shower eat a bit.... but I guess what's concerning me is how bad is it to stay in bed as much as I have? I've been here before tbh but I feel like I was at least more active then...I usually get out of bed for about 30 minutes every maybe two hours during the day go to the bathroom and eat...I just don't know what damage I'm doing to my body and how long this can last. I do take meds and have a psychiatrist I'm also trying to find a therapist it's just so hot during the day I feel sick and anxious and yeah I know I'm rambling just wondering if anybody has been through the same thing.
Your heat issue could be stemming from the weather, heat has an effect on the mind and health process. I feel more tired in heat, i sleep shorter hours but my sleeps are more deeper, than when its colder. Whatever the case, use a cooling system. It will affect your mind and your health too. Good luck.