• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Speaking Up for the first time

R

restless_spirit

Hi everyone :eek2:. I'm excited and terrified to be introducing myself here; there'd be a lot of giddy nervous and excessively loud laughter too if I was saying this out loud.

I'm Nick, or restless_spirit if you will. I'm the guy you would never know is depressed. I'm very lively at parties and even though I experience social anxiety I can mask it very well.

I've never told anyone in my real life that I am generally sad about the outlook of my life, or how incredibly hollow I've been feeling inside (but more on that later). Actually, this is the first time right now that I've admitted my depression to even myself let alone other users on a forum. But it's good to start talking and feel that I'm not alone, especially when everyone else around me seems so happy with their life.

Upwards from here!

rubyrose

rubyrose

Hello and welcome to the forum. No need to be scared. We're a friendly bunch. :)

Sorry to hear you feel this way inside. I struggle with depression and social anxiety as well. You are certainly not alone. This is a beautiful place. Befriending people of such great kindness and compassion has definitely helped me feel better about things, and myself. I hope you find the forum as great and helpful as I do. :)

AliceinWonderland

AliceinWonderland

Staff Member on Leave
Welcome Nick, it's good you've been able to take the step of saying that here, and I hope like Lady Rose says, you'll find this place helpful. It's hard when everyone else looks like they're doing fine, hard for there to be space to say how you're really feeling inside. I think you'll find others here who relate to what you're saying :hug:

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Welcome to the forum. :hi:
And don't be too nervous about posting here.
I think this is a great first step for you to take. Hopefully in time you can perhaps seek out resources in 'real life' that can start you on a journey of recovering.