Speaking about it again and again

A

Azelka

Do people with PTSD always talk about their traumas? I do it a lot.. And I wonder where it comes from..

R

Ramson bangers

I went through a phase where i would happily speak up about trauma but i found it not much help in the long run. Sure we need some empathy at times when our mind is not at its best, it's comforting. But we are still alone when that comfort fades away. Are we proud of our trauma? Considering it makes us who we are. I've been thinking about it too. Does it come from a place of selfishness and should we focus on helping others rather than seeking help for ourselves. All this stuff is in my mind right now.
Also the idea that people genuinely care how interesting someones struggles are, is quite optimistic. Maybe we try and see the positives from it and feel the need to share for our own self worth?

A

Azelka

I don't know if it is the same with you but I feel like my childhood wasn't that chaotic....

R

Ramson bangers

I always have the 'could've been worse' mentality. I take my blessings and try not to dwell on the bad stuff. If that is helpful to anyone then i would totally recommend it. Trying not to make negative scenario's more complex and important by dwelling on them. Thus improving mental well being of yourself and the positive vibe you project to your friends/family.

J

Jules5

I still have serious anger issues of the Domestic Drama I have went through-cars being destroyed, my glasses broken time after time(cannot glasses) My abuser knew this-he made countless attempts to destroy me completely and he was successful.

I can still feel my anger remorse over the past abuses. I have been to group therapy years ago and actually felt good listening to others and feeling empathy. I have been out of the relationship for 13 years now-but I get in situations where I feel others love to control me.

Down and out

J

Jules5

allot of the drama I brought on myself as I would freeze up and the abuser hates this. They want total control at what ever cost. He even burnt my college books and spray water all over my computer-He called the cops once and said I was trespassing on his property and wanted me arrested. He used my mental illness against me-I had one child taken away from me but I left after the second child was 6 weeks old and never went back. My second son is doing well and seems too under stand why mum gets depressed so often and appears sick allot.

A

Azelka

But I don't think it is severe enough to say I have PTSD

J

Jules5

I always thought I could beat this domestic violence thing-while going through all the trails and tribulations alone-as I would not listen to good friends who cared about me. All I knew is him.

J

Jules5

Muy best friend overdosed and my abuser got the message he never told me. I was devastated when I found out months later as I was in a shelter then with my son.

J

Jules5

I still abuse myself as I have let him see his son over the years-and you know what he could have cared less about his so-no hugs kisses or conversation that was about himself.

A

Azelka

When I was a child I watched a horror movie with snakes and worms and now, when I see a snake or a worm I can't watch them or I'll get the feeling there are some in my throat and i want to throw up, and I can't see a child or an animal mistreated or I'll get the feeling someone kick my heart, are these symptoms of PTSD?

J

Jules5

I have such compassion when it comes to animals the elderly and children. I am not a violent person but I did have a situation where I wanted to cut some ones throat for animal abuse. i really do not feel If would do it I would feel any guilt remorse.

C

Chris Walken

Do people with PTSD always talk about their traumas?
Speaking for myself? No.

Happens, I have an online friend, on the other side of the world. She too has been clinically diagnosed as suffering severe / chronic PTSD.

I have absolutely no idea how she got hers.

I don't believe I've ever felt moved to tell her how I got mine.

Certainly wasn't through Blue Peter or the Scouts. I will say that much.

U

Urban3344

I went through that faze I kept it in for so long couldn't say but when I did it was like the dam broke couldn't stop my self went through a lot in that phase would talk about it ever thing even when I was alone sounded like those crazy people that are just going of I was one I was way fucked up then I thought those words were so powerful that if I said them I was dead or the world would cave in on me this went on for a while there was a lot I went through I found out people didn't believe you thought you wanted attention or they did believe you and there answer was call the cops and I was still in the situation at the time so they said call the cops I couldn't do that and then it became to much for them to fill with and they pushed me away or they believed me and used it agents me I think that was the worst of these things or they just thought I was crazy it was hard but I kept at it for a long time not sure why I kept talking about it like I did I just couldn't stop it got to the point I didn't care if people believed me I needed some one to though I felt like I need some one to hear me I just think I needed to get it out I was way fucked up ran from my situation didn't trust any humans when people would look at me I thought they hated me and I hated them back I stayed away from people for a long time homeless stayed to the trees the birds the rabbits anything but humans they were all a threat to me at the time couldn't ride the bus go in stores had head phones with music playing all the time cuz I couldn't stand to hear people talk even its crazy to think back to that time very hard existence its like a different person but I think its kinda normal to go through it that phase I think it wasn't very help full cuz I just kept circling and keeping right there I would talk when no one was even around it was hard it didn't help but I think it had to happen just had to let it out but like I said it was like the floodgates were open and I couldn't stop it I got help finely started to see some one and she helped me close it down cuz it was necessary but in the long run didn't help me

U

Urban3344

and then I struggled with the I couldn't say these things for so long the fear I couldn't find the words to say and to say them cuz it was abuse that had happened starting in as a small child and through most my adult hood so I had held it in for so long these word I couldn't say I thought were so powerful like the world would end and it was just all bad after I said them to some it was like it ment nothing and that was and is still so thing I could fill with or understand not sure the words I'm looking for but ya when the world didn't crumble that was a weird fucked up thing to can't really explain it anyway ya I thinks its normal but I'm not a head doctor so maybe try to find one one you connect with and they might be able to tell you more but I relate to what your saying the same but different

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
When I was a child I watched a horror movie with snakes and worms and now, when I see a snake or a worm I can't watch them or I'll get the feeling there are some in my throat and i want to throw up, and I can't see a child or an animal mistreated or I'll get the feeling someone kick my heart, are these symptoms of PTSD?
I thought I was the only one with a real phobia of worms. Even typing this makes me feel uncomfortable. Don’t think it’s ptsd more just a phobia