• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

South Yorkshire

K

Katie84

Hi, is there anyone from South Yorkshire on here?

I live in Rotherham would love to chat to people from my area :)

Katie xx

ghost

ghost

Sheffield!!

Hi! I was just about to post asking if anyone was from south yorkshire! I'm in sheffield, would also love to get to know some... diferently normal people like meeee!!
xx Ghost(y)

Last edited:
K

Katie84

Hi! i live 2 mins from Rother Valley in Wales, where abouts in Sheffield are you? nice to know im not on my own around here!!! LOL

Last edited:
ghost

ghost

I live in Sheffield city, not quite the centre but near enough.
What do you do?

K

Katie84

I dont work at the minute, so im kinda a house wifey even though me and OH aint married yet, you?

ghost

ghost

I'm a student nurse. Currently on the adult nursing course but hoping to change over to MH - I fit in better there :D Wouldn't mind being a house wife sometimes though!

R

ragdoll123

Hi, is there anyone from South Yorkshire on here?

I live in Rotherham would love to chat to people from my area :)

Katie xx
I am ragdoll123 i live in Thorne i would love to chat with you

K

Katie84

Hi, Ragdoll123 yeah would love to chat, nice to know there is a few people in our area with MH problems as it can be quiet isolating at times.

Wow being a nurse! go you! yeah i bet you would be fantastic at MH especially with all the experience plus everyone on here! do you do it at Sheffield Hallam?

ghost

ghost

Yeah, it's pretty intense but I am hoping it'll get easier, or I'll become more able to handle it! I am OBSESSED with changing over to the MH course, I can't wait!

Are you having MH probs atm then?

K

Katie84

Yeah i have Bipolar disorder was diagnosed about 3 months ago, see my pdoc every 3 weeks at the minute, trying to get my medication sorted im on seroquel and prozac. Are you having MH problems?

ghost

ghost

Yeah i have Bipolar disorder was diagnosed about 3 months ago, see my pdoc every 3 weeks at the minute, trying to get my medication sorted im on seroquel and prozac. Are you having MH problems?
Yeah borderline personality disorder, depression, anxiety and ED mainly but there's lots of other niggly little things as well! I'm currently weaning myself off fluoxetine and trying desperately to get my crap GP to refer me to a psychiatrist. My nurse friend is going to come with me cuz I just can't make myself understood.

Is pdoc helping at all?

K

Katie84

Yeah the pdoc i see at Rotherham Hospital is fantastic, she listens to me and adjusts my medication accordingly which happens everytime i go bar one lol

My pdoc seems to understand me which is a first lol i struggle to speak to my GP too, so if i have anything important to say i write it down and he reads it which seems to work.

Its a pitty your under Sheffield as i got an emergency appointment with my pdoc and only took a week to get one, would have been quicker but she only sees new patients on mondays.

Hope your ok and it goes well with your GP.

ghost

ghost

That sounds great. How did you get referred to the pdoc? My GP is SOOOOO useless! Didn't even ask why I wanted to come off the prozac ffs!

E

elusiveone

Hi guys

Hi, I have a friend with Bipolar and am doing a bit of internet trawling to investigate exactly what it is, it looks really quite difficult to deal with. I live in Barnsley and she is in Chesterfield, any advice on how to keep her more stable? One day she seems sad then the other fine! Am worried about her but don't really understand it as I have not got bipolar myself...

B

bevvikins

greetings x

just came across u local folks.. iv just registered.. dont know the protacol..

im in barnsley.. my son 21, schitziod effective diagnosis...up down and all around at times..

id love any adivise on how to support him best...

and if i can be of any support twud be great xx hugs:grouphug:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
NWiddi Yorkshire and the Humber 3