• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

South Korean healthcare is better than US.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Maybe coming to Scotland for education might work. Or Ireland. Maybe Wales or Canada. Are these countries better for expats needing a scholarship?
It's hard to say really. I don't know about Canada or Ireland but the whole of the UK is pretty much a raw deal.

K

Keesha

Our health system is federally paid for by the government so we don’t pay anything. Our immigration system isn’t difficult but right now during the pandemic it might be.

frisas45

frisas45

Our health system is federally paid for by the government so we don’t pay anything. Our immigration system isn’t difficult but right now during the pandemic it might be.
I see.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
my dad when he was alive said the only one of my family whose happy is my daughter T and she's left the country i said isn't A happy he said she works all the hours god gives she comes to visit us and falls asleep on the sofa

frisas45

frisas45

@jajingna Could you read the whole conversation here? What do you think? Is coming to Canada okay? Biden is elected, but I think he can only stop making US go worse. Maybe I might live a livable life in Canada, despite Justin Tredeau being questionable...

K

keith74

The health care debate is a complicated one. My wife and I are dual US/Canadian citizens and there are pros and cons to each system. My wife said the conditions of her hospitalization here in Canada were worse than the prior three she had the US. But of course she had health coverage from her employer when in the US. As for South Korea, I would agree that the level of care is much better overall (my parents live there). But one thing that is still lacking is good mental health care (typical across Asia). It is has not yet received the recognition/priority as in western countries.

P

Purpleplum

If things are better there like you say, you're free to live there or anywhere. I'm proud of my country and I don't want anything handed out to me.

Do you realize who pays for the affordable healthcare you're talking about? Citizens that work hard for their money everyday are then made to pay for not only their own with no discount but for other's healthcare expense as well. That is called the redistribution of money.

frisas45

frisas45

The health care debate is a complicated one. My wife and I are dual US/Canadian citizens and there are pros and cons to each system. My wife said the conditions of her hospitalization here in Canada were worse than the prior three she had the US. But of course she had health coverage from her employer when in the US. As for South Korea, I would agree that the level of care is much better overall (my parents live there). But one thing that is still lacking is good mental health care (typical across Asia). It is has not yet received the recognition/priority as in western countries.
I see. Man, Canada has a crappier hospital condition than US... while US is unaffordable... That's confusing.

All the more reason to stay here. I have so much health issues that I can't list all. Hmm...

frisas45

frisas45

If things are better there like you say, you're free to live there or anywhere. I'm proud of my country and I don't want anything handed out to me.

Do you realize who pays for the affordable healthcare you're talking about? Citizens that work hard for their money everyday are then made to pay for not only their own with no discount but for other's healthcare expense as well. That is called the redistribution of money.
I don't want handouts. I just want them to be affordable. US is too expensive right now.

K

keith74

I see. Man, Canada has a crappier hospital condition than US... while US is unaffordable... That's confusing.
It is a little more complex than that. There are some good hospitals in Canada. I will say that the level of care in Canada is more consistent while in the US it is more variable. As for affordability... well it depends on if you have insurance in the US where as in Canada it is not a concern

frisas45

frisas45

It is a little more complex than that. There are some good hospitals in Canada. I will say that the level of care in Canada is more consistent while in the US it is more variable. As for affordability... well it depends on if you have insurance in the US where as in Canada it is not a concern
I see.

N

Nukelavee

On the other hand, I've never had a bad experience with Canadian health care.

Here -serious stuff gets taken care of fast, critical stuff, that is. non-crucial procedures may involve a wait.