• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

South Korean healthcare is better than US.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Oh. So you're saying NHS is not doing well, huh?
No the government is trying to sell it off I think. Just another load of shit in this supremely fucked up world.

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

You would be a fool to come here. All the rankings in quality of life index are steadily slipping into a downward trend. I feel like we are rolling back to a dickens novel. As a disabled person I have never been more afraid. The NHS is nearly undone so I have all the future joys of American insurance model to look forward to. You are on a mental health forum. Mental health provision here is garbage, so much so it is less painful for me to pretend it does not exist and get on with it mostly on my own.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/u...countries-to-live-in-the-world-080059177.html

Anecdotally racism is growing alongside the constant appeals to nationalism. You will look foreign and plenty will mistreat you because of it. Wasn't that long ago foreigners were compared to rats. They have become our scapegoats. Should you end up out of a job you get the joys of U.K social security to contend with, which I swear was made by some one who studied psychological torture and how to wield shame. If you want to retire comfortably too bad, they have form for raiding peoples pensions and moving back the retirement age. If its your notion to come here work hard and move up the ladder, our social mobility statistics have been stagnant since 2014. Ultimately I tell all my able bodied and capable friends to emigrate the hell out of here. Even if it means losing them as friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
You would be a fool to come here. All the rankings in quality of life index are steadily slipping into a downward trend. I feel like we are rolling back to a dickens novel. As a disabled person I have never been more afraid. The NHS is nearly undone so I have all the future joys of American insurance model to look forward to. You are on a mental health forum. Mental health provision here is garbage, so much so it is less painful for me to pretend it does not exist and get on with it mostly on my own.

https://uk.finance.yahoo.com/news/u...countries-to-live-in-the-world-080059177.html

Anecdotally racism is growing alongside the constant appeals to nationalism. You will look foreign and plenty will mistreat you because of it. Wasn't that long ago foreigners were compared to rats. They have become our scapegoats. Should you end up out of a job you get the joys of U.K social security to contend with, which I swear was made by some one who studied psychological torture and how to wield shame. If you want to retire comfortably too bad, they have form for raiding peoples pensions and moving back the retirement age. If its your notion to come here work hard and move up the ladder, our social mobility statistics have been stagnant since 2014. Ultimately I tell all my able bodied and capable friends to emigrate the hell out of here. Even if it means losing them as friends.
It really is a dystopia. Brexit was the final straw for me. I knew that a lot of people in our country were racist and little-Englanders/Britainers, but that they would actively vote to make the country worse was sickening. These are the same people who love the Tory and Royal parasites as well, the mind absolutely fucking boggles. I will NEVER understand some people's mindsets.

I love my mum to bits but I have heard her defending 'that poor man' Boris Johnson when people say coronavirus issues are often his fault, and other things as well, like he's some sort of victim. Little does she realise the likes of Johnson looks down on her, especially as she is a person who doesn't work and has physical ailments like diabetes and asthma. Yet she defends him. She's a good person but I don't understand it.

Last edited by a moderator:
midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

idk what the best countries to live in are

i'm lucky cause i have a good job that will be one of the very last job places that ever gets closed down, but i remember all too well when i was unemployed its considered to be our fault if we are not in work and the goverment and job centre insist we have to try harder to get a job even when we are doing everything we can and its the employers who refuse to take us on :(

frisas45

frisas45

Canada is still decent.
Is Canada have a restrictive immigration law? If not, I'm just gonna go over there for the sake of my education, not to stay there permanently. Since a lot of folks from UK are saying healthcare there is on a pretty bad meltdown...

frisas45

frisas45

@Ghost_Owl
@Mario82
@midnightphoenix

Damn! Is UK that bad? Especially because of US? And not to mention it's hard everyehere? Hmph. What the fuck am I suppose to do? :(

But I have a question: I might go to UK just to get my scholarship on English. Since I can't afford to live in US. Is that acceptable? Or is that also discouraged?

EDIT: I just read the article. It's bad for expats. Looks like I have to go to Canada...

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
Yes, it's that bad sadly. I don't know why I recommended you coming here originally, maybe because I am in Scotland which isn't quite as bad as England.

frisas45

frisas45

Yes, it's that bad sadly. I don't know why I recommended you coming here originally, maybe because I am in Scotland which isn't quite as bad as England.
Maybe coming to Scotland for education might work. Or Ireland. Maybe Wales or Canada. Are these countries better for expats needing a scholarship?