• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

South Korean healthcare is better than US.

frisas45

frisas45

I have to go back to US one day, and this might become awful. No matter how hard I work, I'll never afford healthcare. Now, I love Obama for working his butt off to have affordable healthcare, but Trump ruined it! And there is no guarantee for US to commence such a thing. This means I can't leave Korea. I have to stay here until US pulls itself together, but I doubt it.

US doing far worse in terms of working conditions. They work longer than Japanese, which are known for dying from overwork.

All over the world, the wealthy is getting wealthier, driving the rest of us into deeper poverty. And there ain't no change. At least in South Korea, I can pay for my healthcare.

Speaking of South Korea, I can't bear the enormous pressure to be competitive. Unemployment is brutally high, and I have to double up and work so hard that my stress level gets into maximum capacity. And if I want to afford healthcare in US, or not financially struggle, I have to do the same crap. Being ultra-competitive, high-stress... in America? I can't believe it, but I have to work my ass off like a Korean to survive; American system is a mess.

Man, I don't think I can handle this stress. I suffer from severe bipolar disorder and I have to do this? That will easily lead me to mental breakdown! I throw things and have tantrums. Sometimes, I might fight other people!

Before coming to this forum, I posted a similar post on Reddit. They said just own up to it. Suck it up and push through the pain. And risk passing out and dying. Because I have no other choice. I need to survive. But taking a risk including harming others is no excuse.

Nevertheless, I have to do this to survive. I ain't got any choice left... And this depresses me...

frisas45

frisas45

i wish you could move to the UK sounds like its better in the UK than the USA :hug:
Is immigration law strict? Canada is, but is UK better than that? Can noncitizens have better benefits? I'd rather stay here in Korea than UK if they are too strict...

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

Is immigration law strict? Canada is, but is UK better than that? Can noncitizens have better benefits? I'd rather stay here in Korea than UK if they are too strict...
its all up in the air at the moment wityh the Brexit stuff that got abandoned cause of the Covid stuff, i'll try and find out for you and if i find out anything from the news i'll message you :hug:

frisas45

frisas45

its all up in the air at the moment wityh the Brexit stuff that got abandoned cause of the Covid stuff, i'll try and find out for you and if i find out anything from the news i'll message you :hug:
Thanks! But I might stay in South Korea if Brexit interferes me from moving in...

ReverieAnxiety

ReverieAnxiety

Hi frisas!

*hugs* Life is just tough everywhere. I don't agree with those redditors. We change what we can and never lose hope. We try to live our best in our worse, but we don't accept the worse ok?

I have not watched the videos above, but for as long as I lived and been poor (30 years old now), I've always been on the government's health plan.

Mario82

Mario82

Taking a break
It's hard everywhere. I would recommend coming to the UK but our NHS is going own the drain.

Btw that guy in the video above looks like Patrick Stewart, Good looking dude.

frisas45

frisas45

Hi frisas!

*hugs* Life is just tough everywhere. I don't agree with those redditors. We change what we can and never lose hope. We try to live our best in our worse, but we don't accept the worse ok?

I have not watched the videos above, but for as long as I lived and been poor (30 years old now), I've always been on the government's health plan.
Shoot, that sucks, being poor! You can come over to South Korea for English teaching! Better and cheaper healthcare plan...

But as for me, I'm too uneducated to get a job in South Korea. The requirements are getting bigger and it's getting messed up.

frisas45

frisas45

It's hard everywhere. I would recommend coming to the UK but our NHS is going own the drain.

Btw that guy in the video above looks like Patrick Stewart, Good looking dude.
What is NHS?