• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

South Florida!

gt86

gt86

Is there anyone in South Florida?

gt86

gt86

Hi soul searching! I am in Boca Raton/Delray Beach, in between West Palm Beach and Ft. Lauderdale.

Yea, I have heard Clearwater. I went to UCF in Orlando. So glad to meet you

soul searching

soul searching

Hi again. gt86! Cool. I have an aunt who lives down there. I'm used to talking to people from all over the world but it's rare to find someone from the same state.

gt86

gt86

Hey soul searching! It is rare to find someone in the same state! I also have family in central florida. How do you like Florida? I came here when I was 8 years old, I was born in New York City

soul searching

soul searching

Hey gt! I moved here in '79. Lived in Iowa, Illinois, New Jersey, Maryland , Connecticut, Delaware, and Louisiana! Not military, my dad just got transferred a lot. Visited New York City once-loved it! Would also like to see the Adirondacks someday. I was born in Baltimore, MD. I, personally, hate the summer heat here and miss the change of seasons. How about you?

gt86

gt86

Hey soul searching! Thats amazing, you lived in so many places. I agree, the summer heat here is rough, need to find ways to cool off lol But the fall and spring have good weather.

gt86

gt86

Yea, thats true soul searching. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and I am not sure if I am able to move again. I once moved to Tallahassee and Orlando, both for school. I do stay close to the mental health center and able to get my medicine easily. How about you?

soul searching

soul searching

I had 2 similar paranoid delusions that lasted a long time. These days, I have a mean voice that is getting better with meds. My diagnosis is schizoaffective, depressive type. Anyway, I'm on the mend. Hallelujah!

gt86

gt86

Thats great soul searching, how do you like these forums and do you find it helpful?

soul searching

soul searching

I love it. It is a safe place to talk to people. I like to try to help others too. I also spend a lot of time talking about anything and everything. It's great to have a place to do this. Everyone is so nice. Do you like it?