• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Sounds weird but what’s a normal level of tired?

T

Twinkl3dom

over the past could of weeks/days I have been feeling pretty tired during the day, like in the morning I’ll wake up and then be thinking about going back to sleep. I don’t know what a normal level of tired is and if this is abnormal. I have felt tired before obviously but it just feels… different somehow. But then when I go to sleep in the evening I struggle to sleep. I have never napped during the day and I still don’t. I have been getting to sleep at 2ish and waking up at 9am/9:30 am. Surely this is enough sleep to make me not tired?
My anxiety has been bad recently, but I don’t think the tiredness is due to that. My anxiety has convinced me that it’s something bad and that’s all I can think about. I had blood tests in the summer and they were okay. But could it be something bad? I need to see the doctor but I haven’t been able to due to Christmas closures?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I've never slept "normally".

So...if you're getting to sleep by about 2am and awake at 9am-ish, that's 7 hours. I'd personally be exhausted, but my depression and anxiety zap all my energy and I need 10+ hours of sleep.

They say that the best quality sleep is before midnight, but I think everyone's different.

How do you feel when you're tired? There are different types of tired feelings.

T

Twinkl3dom

I've never slept "normally".

So...if you're getting to sleep by about 2am and awake at 9am-ish, that's 7 hours. I'd personally be exhausted, but my depression and anxiety zap all my energy and I need 10+ hours of sleep.

They say that the best quality sleep is before midnight, but I think everyone's different.

How do you feel when you're tired? There are different types of tired feelings.

Thank you for your response! I have always been able to run off of very little sleep I would say, when I was a lot younger I’d sometimes stay up all night and not need a nap during the day. But recently I’ve just been feeling randomly tired, like heavy eyes and body feeling really tired. I still don’t nap when I feel like this and then sometimes I won’t be able to sleep early anyway.

It’s just a weird tired feeling, difficult to explain, just like a sudden feelings of being super tired which make me panic. I guess it could be my body telling me I’m not getting enough sleep before 12!

Im sorry your depression and anxiety take away all your energy!

Manicotti

Manicotti

Wish I could offer good advice, but I have so many problems with sleep related to PTSD, I wouldn't know what to say except that my doctor said you should be sleeping through the night and get 8-10 hours of sleep.

I

IDontCare99

I'm always tired and unmotivated. I was wanting to go back to school again eventually, and do something with my life and then the pandemic happened. Sleeping is my lifestyle now, watching cat videos, starting to play some Forza Horizon with my son, and starting a new job putting tags on shelves.

Could I do more, by going to school and all that rubbish? YUP. Do I care to, especially now? Nope.

Sleeping sounds so much nicer:)

L

Loukachu91

Thank you for your response! I have always been able to run off of very little sleep I would say, when I was a lot younger I’d sometimes stay up all night and not need a nap during the day. But recently I’ve just been feeling randomly tired, like heavy eyes and body feeling really tired. I still don’t nap when I feel like this and then sometimes I won’t be able to sleep early anyway.

It’s just a weird tired feeling, difficult to explain, just like a sudden feelings of being super tired which make me panic. I guess it could be my body telling me I’m not getting enough sleep before 12!

Im sorry your depression and anxiety take away all your energy!
I'm the same I'm 30 and the last year I've just been tired all the time I'm waking up later and nap when my kid naps and still wa t to go to bed at 9pm, I think for me it's down to not eating enough, do u eat enough during the day apparently a good breakfast will stop the afternoon tiredness, I wouldn't know myself if that's true but maybe it relates

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

I would go to your doctor for a blood test to check you've no deficiencies or underlying health concerns. I'm always tired too!