• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

SOS ! I need sleep zzzz lol . Anyone got any good tips medication is not an option .

C

cherbear

SOS ! I need sleep zzzz lol . Anyone got any good tips medication is not an option .

Still going to be a coulple of weeks until I see a therapist so I was wondering if anyone has some good tips for helping them sleep . I'm knackered hardly slept in three days but still can not sleep . After taking an overdose medication is ruled out so if any of you lovely people can suggest anything I would be very grateful lol . Thanks in advance ! xxxx:sleepy2::sleepy2:

Last edited:
Monroe1980

Monroe1980

I find Valerian drops from the health shop very good Cherbear.

Also doing a body scan meditation just before bedtime helps, relaxing each part of your body in turn.

C

cherbear

Thanks for the advice Monroe 1980 I appreciate it you are an angel , hugs . Will give it a shot !

R

Rose19602

When my husband couldn't sleep due to worry, the GP recommended he took NightNurse (recommended dose) for 3-5 nights to help him get through. She said that it has something in it which knocks you out, and as long as you don't abuse it it can help short term.

Obviously, I don't know how it will affect you, and I'm not a GP, but it's an OTC med that is available without prescription....even if it does cost about £10.

It worked for my husband.
x

C

cherbear

Thanks Miss Kitty that's good to know ! Finding things that will not impact my liver is a bit of a pain ! x

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

Chamomile tea.. lavender drops or spray on your pillow and bedding.. reading something before bed so your eyes get tired.. having a hot bath.

Just a few things that have helped me.
Good luck - hope you manage to get some good rest tonight. :sleepy2:

C

cherbear

Thanks SS good tips . My other half keeps coming in and seeing if i'm asleep yet lol . Setting off the jungle drums on this site always works lol my brains too addled to be of any use to me at the minute . Thanks will see if the elusive sleep comes after throwing all this at it lol xxx

C

cherbear

Sorry Miss Kitty hope that did not come accross as rude it is good advice I have zip all filter on me at the moment . Hugs xxx

R

Rose19602

No, not at all. I just read the title of your post properly and realised I'd given a daft reply!
No offence taken at all.
xxx

S

sambooo

My best advice (other than Benadryl, which i take it is ruled out) would be to try and read something that u find interesting. I started reading in bed when not being able to sleep due to a racing mind. For me it helps (most times) to try and shift the mindset into a "fantasy world" where you get into the story youre reading, takes my mind off my own thoughts! I feel for you and hope that you have slept well since posting:)

C

cherbear

Thank you Sambooo that's really kind of you ! How are you ?! Sleep has improved no end and my sleeping patterns are back to what they were which is a relief ! Hugs xxxx