• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Sorry, this just turned into a rant

valleygirl

valleygirl

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I just had a really bad day today. Not even sure why exactly. I did a ton of prep on the weekend for our robot theme this week (I work in daycare), and I thought I had got everything together last night, but when I got to work this morning I discovered I didn't have my puppets, and they were going to be my main feature for Circle Time. I also forgot to bring the other visuals I had prepared. It turns out I had even forgotten to print them and laminated them. I got really down on myself for forgetting all that stuff. I was really looking forward to doing an awesome Circle Time with the children, and because I was missing half my materials, it totally sucked, and I had worked all weekend on it. Then, last night I didn't go to bed until after 11 pm, and got up at 5:30 this morning, so I took a caffeine pill along with my smoothie to help me get through the day. By the end of the day I was feeling so out of sorts and grouchy. It was a day of continually dealing with behavioural issues with one child in particular. My interactions with him were fine, and I dealt well with every situation with him. Then another kid had a temper tantrum, and his crying is really loud. But everything else in the day was fine. I got in my car, and all I could think of was
WANTING TO BINGE.
I almost got hit by another vehicle who made a left turn when they didn't have the right of way. I had to speed up super fast after making my right turn, and my heart was racing. And my heart is still racing, even though I've taken my Seroquel. Now I just got a text from my boss and we won't be getting breaks tomorrow because we are still short-staffed. Just what I need. Sorry for just bitching and complaining.

exyz

exyz

Wow that is some day to get through Valleygirl.
I am so sorry that you didn't have your materials with you, it would have been awesome. Little ones love puppets, and I'm pretty old and still love them.
Perhaps you could do it again another time, I really hope so.

It sounds a difficult day for you tomorrow also. Please try and get some rest or even a nice relaxing treat for yourself if you can.

Sending a hug your way if that is ok with you:hug1:

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Admin
Hi,
Sorry you had a bad day, caffeine pills used to make my heart race.
Don't be too hard on yourself.
Hope tomorrow is better for you.
Take care

A

atmcooper

isn't it crazy how driving is a so very common stressor that will piss you off big time! overcrowded streets etc slow cars, it will sometimes drive me crazy

some researcher put mice one by one in a maze, when there became a large number of them in there they started turning on each other, wonder if we don't have a similar subtile instinct in us to go a little haywire when we feel all packed in.

i forget stuff all the darn time, i live a little OCD to prevent it, everything i need is by my car keys, if i have a lot of stuff ill put it in the trunk the night before.

when it rains it pours, each little thing will just agitate you more.

i have taken an afternoon of work before as the day was going so crappy i had to go before i started getting mean.

sometimes ranting is good, its like the safety pressure valve on your brain :)