• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sorry I'm not Popular Here but I do need support

Agatha

Agatha

When I made a thread hardly anyone replied. I'm sorry I'm not depressed enough, or good enough, or popular enough but I do need support. I am struggling with a lot of issues. I am trying to lose weight now and have lost some so far. I'm sorry I'm not suicidal but I do have thoughts that my life and I are worthless. Seems others get lots of support here but not me. I am older and feel I am hopeless to have any major changes in my life. I hope someone here will feel I am worthy of getting replies and support but I won't hold my breath.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
I am sorry you didn't get many replies before. :hug:

MarlieeB

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi Agatha.

I'm sorry that you feel you aren't popular enough to get replies.

Sometimes posts get buried by others or people just don't know what to say at that moment of time :hug1:

You do deserve support, everyone here does. No matter how you are feeling people do care and they do read things.

Please keep on posting Agatha. Say whatever you want. If you don't have an answer please try to not take it as no one likes you etc. I know it's hard though, I feel the same when I don't get answers, it actually put me off posting for a long time.

You are worthy of support and I'm sorry you feel like that.

Huge :hug5:'s

xxx

nonotme

nonotme

I hope someone here will feel I am worthy of getting replies and support but I won't hold my breath.
Hi there, I think some threads just don't get seen or picked up on very quickly. please don't be too hard on folks for not replying we all have many issues going on.

I'm sure there are many people here who can offer you the support and help/advice you need.

Me.

S

SandalwoodSummer

I'm sorry I never saw your post. Everyone deserves help. I tend to not look at the depression forum because it's such a painful reminder of past depressions.

I'm not doing too great myself but I will try and come back later and see if I can help.

calypso

calypso

Admin
Agatha, this happens to many people. Some threads get seen a lot, and others don't. I truly know that its not personal at all. Having been on this forum for many, many years now, I know that its very busy at times and really quiet at other times.

Its not that you aren't popular. When I was first here, I wrote a very similar thread and felt let down. Talk to us honey and let us support you now. xxx

Sparklypurplepaws

Sparklypurplepaws

Hey agatha,
I'm sorry you feel this way, I'm sure it was just a case of your post got missed.
How can we help?

M

messed-up

Agatha, I feel like that too, I don't reply on a lot of posts because I am so scared of making people worse or just sounding like an idiot.

You are no less important than anyone else, I've replied on posts and been ignored, and I think because of how most of us are we do take it personally.

Also I am older, and a lot of issues can be steered towards younger people and it can make us older 1s feel a little left out.

:hug: xx

Jimny

Jimny

Hi Agatha, nice to meet you. It sounds like you have made some progress losing weight, that's good well done. How are you going about it? There are some quite good apps available for excercise and nutrition, I have found them useful.
I have been doing the opposite and trying to gain weight as I lost so much in not looking after myself, stress, MH etc.
My fitness and fitness buddy are the apps I use. Trying to take control of my body has been a big help and something to focus on whilst dealing with MH issues for me.
Not sure if I'm old, certainly older. I'm 43.

C

Christobel

Hi Agatha. Sorry I didn't see your post. We have at least two things in common. I am also an older person and trying to lose weight!

bulbie

bulbie

Hi Agatha! I'm sorry I never saw your post.

I'm happy to talk to you, anytime. :)

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi Agatha, I am sorry you haven't had many replies to your previous thread, sometimes it happens that way. You are welcome to chat with me, PM if you like, I have depression too and I am in my 40s so a bit older than the young uns here (very immature for my age though:redface:) so we have that in common.

I can also relate to what you say about being older and feeling making changes to your life is not so easy, I often feel like that too, that I am set in my ways and that it is too late in many ways.

I like your dancing cat btw.

S

SandalwoodSummer

What issues are you struggling with?

It helps to write them down.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dayzee7 Depression Forum 2
S Depression Forum 6
D Depression Forum 8
M Depression Forum 2
N Depression Forum 1