• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Sorry I keep posting new threads..

J

Jisatsu

I just said to my boyfriend how I felt.. basically that I feel like I've got nothing to look forward to or give in this life and I don't actually see why I'm here I'm just getting through each day because I've been told that's what I have to do. I'm not good at anything.

He said he doesn't understand how I can be so negative and I just cried. I don't know what to do. It made me think, why am I like this? I don't even know. I don't know if I even care I just want it to go away. Why do I of all people have to be this way.

mr_c

mr_c

I just said to my boyfriend how I felt.. basically that I feel like I've got nothing to look forward to or give in this life and I don't actually see why I'm here I'm just getting through each day because I've been told that's what I have to do. I'm not good at anything.

He said he doesn't understand how I can be so negative and I just cried. I don't know what to do. It made me think, why am I like this? I don't even know. I don't know if I even care I just want it to go away. Why do I of all people have to be this way.

Sorry your feeling so bad,

People without depression have no idea how tough it is, i keep getting told that im down and that its tempary and things will get better.

Saying that maybe your bf could be more understanding, how old is he?

What you have to remember is that its an illness thats what family members and close friends need to realise.

Wishing you good vibes

M

mad as a hatter

i hate when people say it,ll get better nothing worse they,ve never sufferd it themselves at least u where being honest with him i 2 often wonder i,m like this don,t think there,s a real answer 2 that question either

J

Jisatsu

My boyfriend is the same age as me, he says he doesn't mean it offensively he just doesn't understand why I am so negative about things.
I wish I knew, then maybe I wouldn't be this way.. I've not been diagnosed with depression or anything so I can't really say I DO have depression, I just know I've been this way for about 5 years now and I expected it to change by now.

mr_c

mr_c

My boyfriend is the same age as me, he says he doesn't mean it offensively he just doesn't understand why I am so negative about things.
I wish I knew, then maybe I wouldn't be this way.. I've not been diagnosed with depression or anything so I can't really say I DO have depression, I just know I've been this way for about 5 years now and I expected it to change by now.

Im no doc but if you have been feeling this way for 5 years then maybe you should see your GP, just a bit of friendly advice i ignored my problems for so long and a had a massive fall.

Try and see you GP they are there to help and if it even makes you feel a little bit better then surely its worth it :)

A

Adi01

Keep posting your comments, we are all here to help . You need to get your frustrations off your chest. However, you must see a doctor, 5 years is an awful long timeand you clearly need help. Maybe your boyfriend could go with you, he will than feel he is being supportive and not keep coming up with negative comments. Go for it!!!

J

Jisatsu

I have been to my GP and I had my first counselling session last week and I'm going again tomorrow. I hope I'm not as nervous as I was last week as I felt so stupid sitting there not even looking at her and barely talking

A

Adi01

I have been to my GP and I had my first counselling session last week and I'm going again tomorrow. I hope I'm not as nervous as I was last week as I felt so stupid sitting there not even looking at her and barely talking
Well done, you were bound to be nervous, but you have now been once and i promise it will get easier for you. Relax......

J

Jisatsu

Managed not to cry *that* much on my birthday.. seeing counsellor tomorrow i'm worried. this week has not been good. might take my diary for her to read as i find some things hard to say aloud?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Dayzee7 Depression Forum 2
S Depression Forum 6
D Depression Forum 8
M Depression Forum 2
N Depression Forum 1