Sorry guys

L

Loopylou83

I posted on here last night, and someone recommended if I has the urges that I post on here and maybe someone could help. I do have the urge and I have the SH images in my mind as well. what do I do?

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Try your best to ignore them, it's your voice(s) that are responsible for images in your mind and the urges.

Mine put images in my mind all the time and can direct my attention to certain parts of my body, that's how they operate, with urges, ideas and impulses to do things.

The more you ignore them the more your voice(s) learns that it won't work and they may stop eventually knowing you can't be influenced by them any more.

Are you on medication for hearing voices? For me the meds lower the volume of my voice by around 95% and make the ideas, impulses and urges much weaker than they were before.

I've been successfully ignoring my voice for nearly three years now.

L

Loopylou83

Im on clozapine and other anti psychotics for my schizophrenia, its hard to ignore the voice , but its the images that's the worse. I get such an adrenaline buzz from self harming. I know it may sound crazy but I do.

L

Loopylou83

Calypso Hun,I've tried lots of mindfulness exercises and none of them seem to work for me. I've done DBT for 2 yrs whilst in hospital. It not though lack of trying,

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
I've never harmed myself due to my voice so I can't speak with experience but a lot of other members talk about the adrenaline rush aswell so it doesn't sound crazy.

Have you read the sticky post about alternatives to self harming? Perhaps something there will help you.

G

Girl interupted

Daffy said she puts ice in her hands and holds onto it until the feeling passes. Maybe try that?

L

Loopylou83

im sorry guys, maybe this forum is just not for me. I'm just wasting everyone's time. People are all trying to help me and make suggestions and I'm just knocking everyone back with "tried that". " that's no good" etc. maybe I should just get on with it and stop looking for answers to something I just cant control. Im 36 and ive been SH since I was 14. If I haven't stopped now then I guess im never gong to stop. Sorry guys. Ive just wasted your time.

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

your not wasting our time, Loopylou :hug:

Maybe posting the thoughts that are going through your head might help? :hug:

Q

Quietman5

im sorry guys, maybe this forum is just not for me. I'm just wasting everyone's time. People are all trying to help me and make suggestions and I'm just knocking everyone back with "tried that". " that's no good" etc. maybe I should just get on with it and stop looking for answers to something I just cant control. Im 36 and ive been SH since I was 14. If I haven't stopped now then I guess im never gong to stop. Sorry guys. Ive just wasted your time.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
midnightphoenix Self Harm Forum 44
L Self Harm Forum 8