song on Britain's got talent

K

Kilgara123

I don't usually get upset when I watch things on TV but I've justeatched an audition on Britain's got talent and it was a young lad singing and playing the piano to his own song he wrote as a tribute to his gran with dementia. My mum suffers from vascular dementia and shes only young and the song really hit me somewhere inside.
I feel like I'm a bit of a mess now and usually I just carry on and pretend things aren't bothering me too much with it.

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
Sorry your mum has dementia, my Nan had dementia. Sometimes it's good to cry. Try to talk about your feelings.
Hope you'll be okay
Take care

K

Kilgara123

I find it so difficult to talk about.
I feel like because she is so young and I am only 24 next month I was 18 when she got diagnosed with early onset and 20 when she got diagnosed with vascular dementia that I am alone with it. Ive never met anyone of my age that's going through the same thing and it makes me wish that it all could just dissappear and half the time I pretend that it isn't happening and then she forgets who I an and it all comes back to me.
I feel like I have no right to be upset because of how young she is. I just feel so confused inside about it and never really talk about it. it seems easier to do online though where Im not face to face with someone

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

I find it so difficult to talk about.
I feel like because she is so young and I am only 24 next month I was 18 when she got diagnosed with early onset and 20 when she got diagnosed with vascular dementia that I am alone with it. Ive never met anyone of my age that's going through the same thing and it makes me wish that it all could just dissappear and half the time I pretend that it isn't happening and then she forgets who I an and it all comes back to me.
I feel like I have no right to be upset because of how young she is. I just feel so confused inside about it and never really talk about it. it seems easier to do online though where Im not face to face with someone
Hi,
I'm so sorry for your mum, dementia is a cruel disease. we can support you.
My auntie couldn't cope with her mum's dementia, she blocked most of it out.
You do have a right to be upset, it's hard coping with any loved ones diagnosis.
Make sure you take care of yourself too.
Best wishes

K

Kilgara123

thank you so much it means a lot to have someone to talk about it because I've always felt so alone so I'm so glad I've found this site!
I will try and look after myself too

Mayflower7

Mayflower7

thank you so much it means a lot to have someone to talk about it because I've always felt so alone so I'm so glad I've found this site!
I will try and look after myself too
Hi,
Your welcome, I'm here whenever you need someone to talk too.
Take care

When In Rome

When In Rome

Yes, we've managed this year to stop watching this kind of tv programme. Watched the first half hour of the first one and realised finally that it's stale, predictable and a waste of time when there may be other entertainment elsewhere.

R_Sxo

R_Sxo

I don't usually get upset when I watch things on TV but I've justeatched an audition on Britain's got talent and it was a young lad singing and playing the piano to his own song he wrote as a tribute to his gran with dementia. My mum suffers from vascular dementia and shes only young and the song really hit me somewhere inside.
I feel like I'm a bit of a mess now and usually I just carry on and pretend things aren't bothering me too much with it.
Saw this - it was really moving for a lot of people that have struggling elderly relatives. You're not alone <3

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

Britain's got talent just because America has talent... anything America brings out Britain has to copy like Americas little poodle.... aww bless em

L

la femme folle

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Britain's got talent just because America has talent... anything America brings out Britain has to copy like Americas little poodle.... aww bless em
It's a Simon Cowell thing. He is British. I should think we had it first. I have no idea. He knows how to manipulate the public and how to market acts to big audiences. He also manipulates the contestants. Children shouldn't be allowed to do it, they may be supported by their parents but he is exploiting all of them. He'll milk them for all they are worth (financially and audience ratings wise) and when they have served their use drop them like a stone. I feel sorry for anyone who goes on BGT, the poor boy you are talking about is nothing more than a pawn in his game and Cowell knows that people will watch the programme because of him. I suspect that the votes are rigged too. Simon Cowell should have been a tabloid journalist, probably not enough money in it though, the Tory donor that he is only sees pound signs when he sees youngsters like the one you describe, he is a disgusting piece of scum as far as I am concerned. :mad:

Last edited:
Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

This girl reminds me of an ex of mine. She is just like her in so many ways. She was from up north as well & she sounds just like her and even looks a little like her too :eek: