• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Somethings positive - Goals for the New Year. What's yours ?

S

skyblue

Interested to know others goals for the New Year, what do you have planned ?

Mine; Joined Slimming world :) Also to get into the habit of exercising 1hr every other day, working towards everyday.
I did this last year for most of the year until winter time when I went through a bad patch of depression and stopped. I must make the effort to keep it up whatever stands in my way!
I'm going to vary my exercise like I did back then; Swimming, aeorbics, biking, spinning, gym, walking and yoga.
I hope to gain towards eventually becoming a Gym Instructor.

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Same as always

Lose weight - which I've already started, only eating 500 calories and trying to exercise everyday (bloody snow's making it hard!!). I did really well with it last year, lost a stone and a half in 4-6 weeks.

Stopping smoking - was going well, hadn't bought any and then Mum came home with some :unsure: Nevermind!!

Try and talk more. I have a habit of not telling anyone how I'm feeling then it all ends in a nasty mess, so I'm going to give that a go :tea:

iffybob

iffybob

Me

1. To try and find a way of having a better life.
2. To try and become healthyer in myself.

for 1 I dont have a clue, and as for 2 the depression and keep getting ill are not helping, the mind is there the illness has other ideas ..... :(

Kos

Kos

Lose weight, maybe about 2 stones. I'm desperate to lose weight this year. I know taking seroquel will make this harder but I'm not going to give in to it!!!!

M

madsheep

I want to loose weight too. Am now the heaviest I have ever been. Am eating healthy foods, and excercising for at least half hour every day and yet all i seem to do is put on weight.
I need too loose at least two stone so I am not embarrased about my stomach, legs and arms when I got to get my WEDDING DRESS fitted! :)

Kos

Kos

@ Madsheep : Yeah I've got a fitting for a bridemaid dress soon for a wedding this year so I really can't let myself down by pigging out, it's just so hard. Food is sooooooo comforting.:(

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
To get out of the house and get a job!! Much easier said than done!!:D

T

TOONAFISH

To train to become a care assistant?? some days i think i can do it, others im a sap.

to lose weight. need to lose 3.5 stone to get back to my pre meds weight.

good luck everyone