• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

something wrong,help

C

clements25

okay im basically going to have to start from the start about a year and half ago ive never been normal and would always say i have probably had something wrong but not to bother me and im generally a just rought through it and ignore it, okay basically a year ago when i was 16 shit hit the fan for me to be blunt gf left me who i was with for basically a year and half spending everyday together she realli and i mean realli messed me about during her new relationship which lasted about a year she was on and of i might want u back and obviously i was always there as a fool tryed suicide on a over dose just had a realli realli bad stomach agony in morning then amongst all this my gran died and my mum got shifted into new town again and my step dad attempts suicide while im in the house and im the one to discover him smacked out of his face on every prescription hes on which was great so now im pretty screwed with support etc onl being sixteen get shipped out to my auntie and uncles in a camper van in back in middle of winter no heating felt very unwelcome lost over a stone due to not eating in house then basically thought to myself i will mask it all with alchohol and cannabis and wont think about it, now my mum is out has been for 6 months everything back at home back on track i think ok get my life back on track i get a new gf she is wonderful and amazing and move back in to parents no longer drinking smoking cannabis every few days nothing what it used to be but anyway i cant sleep i cant keep a sleep pattern my eating is okay now and i pretty much cant remember my life other than people places and if brought up maybe before 13 which isnt realli worth remembering but still and everynight and i mean everynight i have a nightmare usually about gf but there getting worse like just terrible things sometimes cant remmber what was dream or nightmare have feeling of yer ok im 17 i know go to uni yer cuz im smarty enough to do tht no im not but im also smart enough to realize its just enougher how many ever years of same old shit, so basically memory fucked cant remmeber before 13 and find it hard to remmeber stuff after a week and plagued by nightmares getting worse which are vivid and real enough to remmeber every detail for the rest of the day and cant hold sleep patterns or fall asleep feelings of loosing mind any reccomendations for the sleep patterns getting to sleep and nightmares, and general self loathing ? sorry for all the seemingly useless information but i wanted to be specific thank you all, im also on no medication and have not been ever although high school did try and get me on anti depressants at one point but i refused

Last edited:
T

Twylight

Hello and Welcome

You've certainly been through a lot in a short period

Perhaps you could write your problems down, and take them to a GP as soon as possible

Y

YellowBrickRoad

I know you refused anti deps and I can see personally the reason why but speaking to a GP or mental health nurse might help you. I'm 18 and went through a lot as a young teen too. I can sympathise with you. I refused help for a long time but knew deep down I needed it.

There are many natural ways to help you sleep. I used to take Calms Sleep. They are made with natural ingredients and did improve my sleeping but it took some work from me too. Going to bed at the same time at night, not watching TV. Listening to music as I fell asleep helped. I made a play list and burnt it to CD to listen to every night. Sleeping patterns can stabilise with a good healthy routine. To help during the day I wouldn't over do anything. I would relax and set myself up with a routine to stick to every day. This helped so much.

Worrying about someone you love is natural. You've been through a lot of hurt in such a short space of time and at such a young age. I have nightmares about my Daughter getting hurt or losing her. Try to avoid negative influences in the media and around you. Does your new girlfriend know about your past? If she does have you told her how much it still bothers you? Talking to someone close is a big help. If you want to talk to someone who wont judge you and can empathise with you a counsellor will always take you seriously and will always help you with anything. Mine give me her phone number to call at any time of the day or night if I just needed a chat. If you want to talk you can PM me. I think what you need is a good friend :)

Take care. Leanne x

C

clements25

its mainly just worry stress and stuff partial ocd aswell i would say everything has to be just so i feel a lot better now it is just mornings and stuff like in my sleep pattern what would be about 12pm i fell a lot better so maybe my body just does not like mornings but its kinda like when im in a bad mood and feel realli low its like i should see someone but then i start to feel better later through day and it like im fine and thank you my gf is called leane as well :)

Y

YellowBrickRoad

It's a great name (y) That is how I started just having rubbish mornings but when I had rubbish mornings, I'd feel bad for most of the afternoon. Perhaps trying some self help relaxation before bed so you feel fresher in the morning. If you feel worse when you wake up to rain and drizzle try taking some multi vitamins to perk you up. I found when things weren't so bad that Vitamin D and C were great.

Take care Leanne x