One is as though nothing is a miracle.
The other is as if to everything is.
I believe in the latter”
Albert Einstein

A FASCINATING SPIRITUAL JOURNEY INTO
THE SCIENCE BEHIND PSYCHIC EXPERIENCES

Award winning documentary ( 105’ min)
By Renée Scheltema

Is it possible that some people can read your mind, “Telepathy“? or look into the future, “Clairvoyancy“? Why is it that some people can cure themselves while in the last stages of a deadly cancer, “Healing“? . Does mind over matter really exist, and if so, how do we explain this “Telekinesis“?
In the US millions of people claim to ‘see’ distant objects or places “Remote Viewing“. Where is the boundary between ‘real’ magical powers and fraud? Can these ‘miracles of the mind’ be explained?

These and more questions will be answered in the quirky feature award winning, documentary “Something Unknown is doing we don’t know what ” by Dutch filmmaker Renée Scheltema, who was inspired to explore the realms of psychic phenomena after a series of curious and unexplainable events happened around her all in a short period of time.

She travelled to the US to meet up with the top scientists, para-psychologists, psychologists, physicians, and doctors within the field of research, like Prof Charles Tart, Prof Gary Schwartz, Dr Larry Dossey and Dr Dean Radin. Along the way she collects anecdotal stories from celebrities within the field, such as psychic detective Nancy Myer, author Arielle Ford, astronaut Dr Edgar Mitchell and intuitive Catherine Yunt.
Renée found that experiments of today reveal how science is verifying numerous kinds of connections : ‘mind to mind'; ‘mind to body’ and ‘mind to world’, demonstrating that psychic abilities are part of our inherent nature.

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well that's another one to add to my list for Sunday..

I have had people tell me of my future and I'm sure people have read my mind. So I do believe in it. What do you think, CPU? Have you ever experienced it?

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well that's another one to add to my list for Sunday..

I have had people tell me of my future and I'm sure people have read my mind. So I do believe in it. What do you think, CPU? Have you ever experienced it?
i've seen & worked with/know a lot of psychics & healers. i do feel that there is something in it all yes.

My questions with it all have been more around these phenomena with mental health - the links/differences/similarities between mystical, psychic, psychotic & spiritual emergency etc states, & with my own healing around it all.

i do feel that some people that come under psychosis/schizophrenia/mental illness - far more is also going on - Not to say that it's all the same things, i think it's all very individual & nuanced - that there are fields of what can be better described as spiritual crisis, fields that are more mental illness, & cross overs that are more differential diagnosis.

i do find it hard to get away from the intuition that a lot more was going on within my experiences of psychosis than just a meaningless brain fart, especially with the first episode.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i do feel that some people that come under psychosis/schizophrenia/mental illness - far more is also going on - Not to say that it's all the same things, i think it's all very individual & nuanced - that there are fields of what can be better described as spiritual crisis, fields that are more mental illness, & cross overs that are more differential diagnosis.
It's Not going to make any best seller lists, but this is a very interesting recent publication on all these areas -

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread130241.html

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I'm pretty sure people could read my mind when I was diagnosed with psychosis. There were too many weird experiences. I did ask someone on here if dopamine levels were related to telepathy, but I don't think it's that simple.

I think there are things that 'science' will never understand, as it is at the moment. But whether you are diagnosed with mental illness depends on context, I think. Some people are seen as shamans in other cultures, rich people may be given talking therapy instead of drugs, if they are diagnosed as ill at all. And if you're already seen as mentally ill you've no chance, really.

The worst thing you can do if you experience these things is tell the wrong people, really.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, by the way. I do hope you have found some peace now. xx

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Well I'm pretty sure people could read my mind when I was diagnosed with psychosis. There were too many weird experiences. I did ask someone on here if dopamine levels were related to telepathy, but I don't think it's that simple.

I think there are things that 'science' will never understand, as it is at the moment. But whether you are diagnosed with mental illness depends on context, I think. Some people are seen as shamans in other cultures, rich people may be given talking therapy instead of drugs, if they are diagnosed as ill at all. And if you're already seen as mentally ill you've no chance, really.

The worst thing you can do if you experience these things is tell the wrong people, really.

I'm sorry to hear of your struggles, by the way. I do hope you have found some peace now. xx
In reality i do think that the sociological/environmental/familial etc context does make a massive difference to everything - in the ways that people are responded to & treated.

i also fundamentally disagree with the 'mind is brain' & 'brain in a vat' perspectives. It doesn't make a lot of sense to me to see everything that i've experienced exclusively in terms of individual brain chemistry/physiology/biology. The biomedical, reductionist, materialist understanding & approach to it all is i think almost entirely the wrong one.

Odd thing that someone pointed out on here a while ago - If it's something that's just happening in the brain of the individual, then why are so many others so deeply impacted & effected by it all? i think that far far more is going on in these states than meets the eye.

i have made a lot of progress & more peace with things thanks. It's all an ongoing process of healing i feel. Life is hard anyway, for all of us.

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks - may subscribe to the journal. It depends on the time I have whether I buy the book. I could read a bit a day, I suppose. You must have the mind of a library, CPU!

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks - may subscribe to the journal. It depends on the time I have whether I buy the book. I could read a bit a day, I suppose. You must have the mind of a library, CPU!
i've been finding it hard to properly settle & read through a whole book for some time. i end up skimming them, or read parts of them. There is so much interesting stuff out there to learn, & in the case of mental health have also considered that it goes into so many fascinating areas.

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, I have problems reading with my mental health, I have to miss out paragraphs sometimes. I do like reading about mental health issues. It is very interesting, and would be good to do a course on different perspectives. I don't know if there is such a thing. I wouldn't think they would include the spiritual aspects of psychosis like experiences.

I do agree that it is strange that so many people have so similar experiences with what they call psychosis, and it shows that is not as simple as psychiatrists like to make out. It would be interesting to see if two people who don't know each other but are having the same experiences can communicate telepathically. I'm sure it happened to me.

It would be good to read of such research..

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, I have problems reading with my mental health, I have to miss out paragraphs sometimes. I do like reading about mental health issues. It is very interesting, and would be good to do a course on different perspectives. I don't know if there is such a thing. I wouldn't think they would include the spiritual aspects of psychosis like experiences.

I do agree that it is strange that so many people have so similar experiences with what they call psychosis, and it shows that is not as simple as psychiatrists like to make out. It would be interesting to see if two people who don't know each other but are having the same experiences can communicate telepathically. I'm sure it happened to me.

It would be good to read of such research..
There is a lot of information/research out there when it's looked for - i started a long thread on it all here to try & get discussion going on the spiritual aspects to schizophrenia/psychosis. Loads of other threads as well on it all -

http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/thread54371.html

B

BrianHorlicks

Occasionally through out my time here,
On this planet,
People have heard what I've thought,
Not what I've said.

I used to think at one time,
I could control the weather.

If you really want something to happen,
You have to believe,
More then anything else,
Concentrating on nothing else,
Image it,
See it,
Smell it,
Feel it.

I've been in many situations,
Where I've been there before,
'That word you can only say in french'.

With all things,
It's down to belief,
Positive thoughts,
Lead to positive outcomes.

Poopy Doll

Poopy Doll

The world of parapsychology is real. I learned this when I was a teenager. What are the reasons why these skills are underdeveloped in our culture?? Is it the obsession with competition to make money?? Is it the overbearing dominance of materialism itself?? Why are psychic skillful means marginalized?? Why do people react as though these abilities are a threat??

D

daydreambeliever39

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Yeah, there seems to be a real desire to undermine it and silence those who experience it. There must be a truth out there that powerful people don't want us to know.

Poopy Doll, can you look at the Life After Death thread in this forum and give your take on it? I have been reliably informed that you will have something useful to say on it .

B

BrianHorlicks

It's something we all can do,
Should be able to,
Why is it that 78% of the human mind is used?
Maybe,
It's not taught,
And make believe,
To keep humans in the here and now.
Where would religion be,
If we all knew that we all are 'GOD',
And we are all in our own way different,
But all connected?
Image the power we would have,
As a collective?
How would the 1% keep us in control?

That is why,
We see everyone as an individual,
That is why most people judge by the outside appearance,
Colour,
Race,
Language,
Borders,
Divide and conquer.

Close the mind,
Don't think,
Obey,
Don't question,
Our government knows best.

A planet sized board game,
Where we are all played,
Like pawns.
The game masters,
Controlling everything;.
Wars,
Disease,
Weather,
Etc....

Image what would happen if everyone on this planet,
Woke up and realised the truth?

But,
I imagine there would be a tablet for that.

(This is not a comment condemning religion.)

B

BrianHorlicks

It's something we all can do,
Should be able to,
Why is it that 78% of the human mind is used?
Maybe,
It's not taught,
And make believe,
To keep humans in the here and now.
Where would religion be,
If we all knew that we all are 'GOD',
And we are all in our own way different,
But all connected?
Image the power we would have,
As a collective?
How would the 1% keep us in control?

That is why,
We see everyone as an individual,
That is why most people judge by the outside appearance,
Colour,
Race,
Language,
Borders,
Divide and conquer.

Close the mind,
Don't think,
Obey,
Don't question,
Our government knows best.

A planet sized board game,
Where we are all played,
Like pawns.
The game masters,
Controlling everything;.
Wars,
Disease,
Weather,
Etc....

Image what would happen if everyone on this planet,
Woke up and realised the truth?

But,
I imagine there would be a tablet for that.

(This is not a comment condemning religion.)
Like a bird,
That all its life it's been told it can only walk.