Something that really shocked me today

D

Dollit

I've just had an email from a friend in Canada which explains his reasons for getting clean and sober. Getting out of a taxi one night he was attacked by 5 kids between 16 and 18, they kicked him around and then stabbed him and he was in a coma for 5 weeks. He was so out of it he didn't know he'd been attacked and has no memory of the attack as he now has some brain damage.

I feel really shocked especially as he sent me the photos of him in his hospital bed. If anyone has any doubt about giving up non prescribed drugs please think again, don't let that stuff happen to you.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I like my nightly drink, it helps me sleep and i feel sleeping pills are a sledgehammer, not only that but been woken up by people from sleepers would be hell and i get people banging in the middle of the night.

One psychiatrist said not to walk through harlesdon if i'd been drinking as incidents can happen, i don't

It's annoying that getting addicted to sleeping pills is ok, i agree that getting addicted to alcohol is as bad

J

jamesdean

I've just had an email from a friend in Canada which explains his reasons for getting clean and sober. Getting out of a taxi one night he was attacked by 5 kids between 16 and 18, they kicked him around and then stabbed him and he was in a coma for 5 weeks. He was so out of it he didn't know he'd been attacked and has no memory of the attack as he now has some brain damage.

I feel really shocked especially as he sent me the photos of him in his hospital bed. If anyone has any doubt about giving up non prescribed drugs please think again, don't let that stuff happen to you.
I just wanted to add to this post the homophobic taunting,abuse and violence that can also be rife in some towns and cities isnt very nice either, you have to be so careful thesedays, I dont get anywhere near drunk that I used for fear of being attacked, Gangs hang around all the chip shops and the subways, I can quite hold my own but not if I was paraltic drunk, which was the case when I was younger honestly you are better to have a few drinks at home, I just like to go out once a month for the entertainment. JD

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member

Sorry to hear about your friend, Dollit.

I know now that I've had an angel on my shoulder in the past. I shudder at some of the situations I've been in......the ones I can remember, anyway.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Substance Abuse Forum 2