• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Something strange I made time ago

M

ManDss

This is just an anecdote, to exemplify some of me.

Some years ago, I really had the need to go out, stay at home really was killing my will, specially a friday or saturday at night (or sunday).

So because I didnt have anyone to go out, I started going downtown alone, drink something alone, then go back at home, the most boring and null thing Ive done.

One time, I was in a row of weeks feeling so alone.

I used to comeback home feeling the need to have some contact with a human being.

When going to home in the bus, I had a woman sitted in the place in front of me, me looking the back of her head.

So I thought, ok, when I d get up Ill touch the back of her shoulder sligjtly with my hand.

The seats have a handdle on the head rest, so I just grab the habddle in a normal way as everyone does, and (while standing), I touch her right shoulder with the knucles, in a casual way, so I did.

Its not an spectacular anecdote, but that was like: imagine feel so alone, to secretely touch someone a bit.

I know how crippy this sounds, quite it is.

This days I got used to spend time alone at home. But I had rough days being alone time ago, still have some bad days todays.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I understand why you did that and why it felt nice. I like to sit in a cafe and sometimes people used to be close, or sitting next to me on a bench, and it was nice. It is like you feel their energy.

I have that similar energy from animals but not as powerful.

A stranger hugged me once for no reason, smiled, and walked off. An old lady.

SlowlyUnravels

SlowlyUnravels

I like this song that is about somethig similar, It's called Nobody