• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Something i've noticed recently..

8BITPixelz

8BITPixelz

Recently some friends and family members have been joking about me having aspergers/OCD, and as usual I took this too far and researching them. I just thought I'd share with you some reasons why they say I may have aspergers or OCD.

- My bedroom is always pristine with everything in order to how I want it, for example video game controllers lined up in size. However me personally, I would call this taking a pride in my bedroom.

- Not being able to relax unless all doors are shut.

- Being obbsessed with one thing at a time; usually a video game or tv series, as I only really play Runescape, Sonic games, Skate games and Mario games and watch the Scrubs and Friends series over and over. Again, I just do what I enjoy.

- At school I have rather a number of friends yet the thought of being with them outside of school terroifies me.

- I haven't had a girlfriend for a number of years and when I did I was unable to have much physical contact with them at all. It's the same with hugging a friend, people think i'm rude but I'm just uncomfortable.

- I work hard at school, much harder than others, yet in exams I always get a low score.

- I haven't genuinley laughed at something another person has said face to face to me for years, but watching something funny I can't stop laughing.

- My 'normal face' (when I'm not showing any emotion) apparently looks as if I'm about to kill my self or someone else, even if I feel rather happy.

- I haven't cried since I was a young child.

- I'm rather quiet around people, and I can barley talk to new people.

- In a one on one conversation I always feel rude because I do not know where to look.

Thanks for reading these.

I'm just asking your opinion about if I do have something and wheather it's worth looking into.

8BITPixelz

8BITPixelz

Another thing is that I can't physically sleep with a pillow. (Wondering if anyone else has this).

Thanks, for your time and would really like some feedback. :)

dib4uk

dib4uk

If anything it does sound like you might be suffering from an OCD based disorder, but i wouldnt think that you have aspurges, if you had it as a child you would still have it, asprurgers never goes away and it deals with the social world around you.

I can realate to being obessed with one thing at a time, a couple of years ago it was all abou t CSI I was ubber obbsessed with the show thinking about it, reading books about crime scenes both fiction and real life...... I was totally obesssed so i know where your coming from!!

8BITPixelz

8BITPixelz

Thanks for getting back, glad to hear I most probably don't have aspergers lol. :)