Something is wrong!

NatP1

NatP1

I'm not sure, but it feels like something is wrong. I found it hard to connect last night to just everyone around me, felt like i was having a out of body experience. Now i just feel totally out of it.

I really wanna get a bottle of vodka and down it.

S

Saranoya

Hi Nat,

I'm apparently late to this. But I, too, hope that you are feeling much better in the morning.

I've been where you are. I've even downed an entire bottle of vodka in one go on a couple of occasions. The hangover is hell, and you might wake up surrounded by your own vomit. You could even aspirate some of it and suffocate. None of those things are any fun. Also, if you start doing this on any kind of a regular basis, addiction and liver problems are real, long-term risks.

No doubt, when you're in your right mind, you know all or most of the above. But still: don't go for the vodka. If you find yourself wanting to escape reality for a while, try to just go to sleep. Maybe you can ask your GP for small doses of medication to help with that (but here again, there is a long-term risk of addiction if you make use of that option too frequently). If you feel up to it, maybe even go out and see a movie, or do something else you enjoy. Meet up with a friend. Treat yourself to a nice sit-down meal. Find a bar with live music, and just go watch and listen for a bit. Call someone you care about and have a long conversation.

I'm sorry I wasn't here last night to answer your post. It might have helped more twelve hours ago. But if you want to talk more, I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.