• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

something in between anorexia and bulimia

K

karieadams

I am not diagnosed with anorexia or bulimia yet I show symptoms of both. I am obsessed with my weight and I am terrified of getting fat (people classify me as skinny and says my bones are starting to show but I don't see myself that way) yet sometimes my cravings for anything edible consumes me and I find myself eating uncontrollably followed by feeling really horrible about myself and sometimes suicidal. Sometimes I can eat other times the mere thought of food repulse me. I enjoy salads and sushi and consider everything else as the "bad stuff". If anyone can simply relate to this and got help somehow please let me know. I've seen psychiatrists, psychologists, my GP and a dietician, been in a clinic and I'm trying to get better but to me, I can't help myself if I don't know exactly what I am dealing with.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
didn't you get a diagnosis from any of the people you saw? lots of people have mixed symptoms of different eds.

K

karieadams

All everyone said was that its a bit of everything and that they couldn't really diagnose me but I was kinda leaning more towards bulimia with the binge cycle.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Actually sounds more like you're restricting your food to the point it prompts a binge, why is having a particular diagnosis so important to you? EDNOS is actually the most common ED and a lot of people do have symptoms of different EDs so don't fall into straightforward anorexia or bulimia categories.

K

karieadams

Thank you, that was quite helpful. I need to know, its like clarity for me so to speak and I'll research it until I know everything about it. I had questions, no one could give me a proper answer.