• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

something in between anorexia and bulimia

K

karieadams

I am not diagnosed with anorexia or bulimia yet I show symptoms of both. I am obsessed with my weight and I am terrified of getting fat (people classify me as skinny and says my bones are starting to show but I don't see myself that way) yet sometimes my cravings for anything edible consumes me and I find myself eating uncontrollably followed by feeling really horrible about myself and sometimes suicidal. Sometimes I can eat other times the mere thought of food repulse me. I enjoy salads and sushi and consider everything else as the "bad stuff". If anyone can simply relate to this and got help somehow please let me know. I've seen psychiatrists, psychologists, my GP and a dietician, been in a clinic and I'm trying to get better but to me, I can't help myself if I don't know exactly what I am dealing with.

H

Helena1

Staff Member on Leave
didn't you get a diagnosis from any of the people you saw? lots of people have mixed symptoms of different eds.

K

karieadams

All everyone said was that its a bit of everything and that they couldn't really diagnose me but I was kinda leaning more towards bulimia with the binge cycle.

Toasted Crumpet

Toasted Crumpet

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Actually sounds more like you're restricting your food to the point it prompts a binge, why is having a particular diagnosis so important to you? EDNOS is actually the most common ED and a lot of people do have symptoms of different EDs so don't fall into straightforward anorexia or bulimia categories.

K

karieadams

Thank you, that was quite helpful. I need to know, its like clarity for me so to speak and I'll research it until I know everything about it. I had questions, no one could give me a proper answer.

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
P Is it ever something you recover from? Eating Disorders Forum 3
MHsmilesxo I "forced" myself to eat something during the day. Eating Disorders Forum 4
Justafriend95 There is something wrong.. Eating Disorders Forum 4
K Anorexia just manifesting itself in a different way.... or something else? Eating Disorders Forum 5
I Disordered Eating? Or something else? Need help, please! Eating Disorders Forum 5
E Is there something wrong with me? Eating Disorders Forum 1
S How can I strive for something I don't even understand? Eating Disorders Forum 22
Q Sorry, did I say something wrong? Eating Disorders Forum 2
S BED - Managing the gap between diagnosis and treatment Eating Disorders Forum 1
M Caught between wanting to binge and purge. Eating Disorders Forum 5
F Pills for Bites: The Alarming Link between Drug Abuse and Eating Disorders Eating Disorders Forum 6
A Anorexia and lies Eating Disorders Forum 10
R Bulimia and Anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 4
SmallAngel Anorexia Treatment Eating Disorders Forum 2
SmallAngel Help for anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 2
T Need Free or cheap help with my anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 7
S Hey i'm new here and trying to recover from anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 22
A anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 2
A Body Comparison and Anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 3
A Having Anorexia Nervosa Eating Disorders Forum 2
S I am a survivor of Anorexia Nervosa, and forever will struggle. This is my story... Eating Disorders Forum 6
J Body image and Anorexia with my running Eating Disorders Forum 1
T Testimony - A rather fast recovery from anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 4
M Anorexia vs Hypothyroidism Eating Disorders Forum 5
J 18 years with anorexia and bulimia Eating Disorders Forum 9
Inter Vivos I don't have a diagnosis of anorexia, but... Eating Disorders Forum 4
Inter Vivos I now know why I have had anorexia. Eating Disorders Forum 3
S anorexia recovery poems Eating Disorders Forum 2
A Am I considered anorexic if I have atypical anorexia? Eating Disorders Forum 2
T Do you still 'have' anorexia if you're in recovery and no longer underweight? Eating Disorders Forum 8
R My partner has anorexia and bipolar disorder. Eating Disorders Forum 7
K I have relapsed back into Anorexia and need advice or even just a chat... Eating Disorders Forum 6
Kerome Louis Theroux among anorexia sufferers Eating Disorders Forum 3
R Anorexia Recovery, Possible OCD Eating Disorders Forum 2
P Wife has left me after anorexia and binge eating disorders Eating Disorders Forum 6
T Anxiety/depression/anorexia/bulimia/OCD Eating Disorders Forum 3
2 Help me with 69yr old mum with Anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 2
M I'm not sure what to do about girlfriends anorexia/mental illnesses Eating Disorders Forum 1
G anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 2
W is this what anorexia feels like? Eating Disorders Forum 4
S Trying to beat Anorexia...Again Eating Disorders Forum 7
F The antipsychotic drugs don’t work for anorexia nervosa Eating Disorders Forum 7
F Medication versus placebo for anorexia nervosa: antidepressants, antipsychotics and hormonal therapy Eating Disorders Forum 3
F First results of a refeeding program in a psychiatric intensive care unit for patients with extreme anorexia nervosa (trigger?) Eating Disorders Forum 2
F UCLA study shows that people with anorexia and body dysmorphic disorder have similar brain abnormalities Eating Disorders Forum 1
A Does this sound like Anorexia? Because I'm not entirely sure... Eating Disorders Forum 1
F I don’t want an A for anorexia Eating Disorders Forum 1
RainbowHeartz anorexia to bulimia to binge eating Eating Disorders Forum 4
S Anorexia Help!! Please Eating Disorders Forum 6
A.m.b.e.r Hit.Rock.Bottom - Anorexia Relapse/Recovery Eating Disorders Forum 2