• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Something developing

M

madsheep

Right. The facts. I am not overweight or obeses, but am certainly bordering on it. Currently, statistically I am of a good weight. However, I have VERY large thighs. When my mother in law was at her heaviest she had horrid purple stretchy marks on her arms and legs. Well now I have them on my legs. I also have a horrid belly. I cant wear tight fitting tops anymore because I actually DO look pregnant.
The eating thing... Well I am currently eating 'normally' but only because I made a promise to my fiance. We sat down and I wrote an eating plan. Of EXACTLY what I am going to eat and drink. Right down to things like putting margerine in my sandwiches and how much drink I am going to drink. Then when it comes to the agreed eating time, I have to sit there are FORCE myself to eat. You might say that this is such a good thing, and well yes I suppose I agree.
I went through a stage of only eating a few mouthfuls of our evening meal, and then in the morning I would get up and go on our crosstrainer excersise machine for 25 minutes to compensate for anything I had eaten the night before.
I am obsessed with food. I think about it constantly, how much I have eaten, what am i going to have to eat next, what the consumed food is going to do to my body. I am trying ever so hard not to let it take over again, and hopefully with this eating plan I will start to loose weight in the right places. But I really feel like its some kind of eating disorder that I have. I dont know what. And I dont know if it warrents asking for professional help, maybe just to keep me on track, help me at the right food and the right amounts so that I dont slip back into old habbits of not eating much at all.

I have looked at the criterea for anorexia and all the others, but it says that you have to be drastically loosing weight, and I just seem to put it all on, even when I dont eat a thing for days I just put on weight.

I was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys. Am I just being paranoid again or is this really something that I need help with?

B

Buddha

Your thoughts are just thoughts.

Right. The facts. I am not overweight or obeses, but am certainly bordering on it. Currently, statistically I am of a good weight. However, I have VERY large thighs. When my mother in law was at her heaviest she had horrid purple stretchy marks on her arms and legs. Well now I have them on my legs. I also have a horrid belly. I cant wear tight fitting tops anymore because I actually DO look pregnant.
The eating thing... Well I am currently eating 'normally' but only because I made a promise to my fiance. We sat down and I wrote an eating plan. Of EXACTLY what I am going to eat and drink. Right down to things like putting margerine in my sandwiches and how much drink I am going to drink. Then when it comes to the agreed eating time, I have to sit there are FORCE myself to eat. You might say that this is such a good thing, and well yes I suppose I agree.
I went through a stage of only eating a few mouthfuls of our evening meal, and then in the morning I would get up and go on our crosstrainer excersise machine for 25 minutes to compensate for anything I had eaten the night before.
I am obsessed with food. I think about it constantly, how much I have eaten, what am i going to have to eat next, what the consumed food is going to do to my body. I am trying ever so hard not to let it take over again, and hopefully with this eating plan I will start to loose weight in the right places. But I really feel like its some kind of eating disorder that I have. I dont know what. And I dont know if it warrents asking for professional help, maybe just to keep me on track, help me at the right food and the right amounts so that I dont slip back into old habbits of not eating much at all.

I have looked at the criterea for anorexia and all the others, but it says that you have to be drastically loosing weight, and I just seem to put it all on, even when I dont eat a thing for days I just put on weight.

I was wondering if I could get some advice from you guys. Am I just being paranoid again or is this really something that I need help with?

Your thoughts are just what they say on the label; that is:

Thoughts.

And besides, they are not yours. You do not own (your) thoughts. They happen to you - without you wanting them.

Therefore, there is no need to take your thoughts seriously. Look at them like you look at the traffic on a motor way - or the clouds in the sky.

Again, There is no need to take your thoughts so seriously.

Listen to the body and let it guide you when to eat and when not to eat. The more you listen and trust, easier it will get.