• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Someone that understand

S

Shellylolly

have never posted on here before and I'm unsure on what's going on
For a few years I have had very low self esteem and most recently it has effected me in a big way. It only way I can describe how I feel is by describing like any suituation no matter how small in my head it makes up every bad thing that can happen even writing this so many bad thoughts are going threw my head like what are people going to think of me what if people think I'm just over reacting. It's effecting my work and relationship to the point where I have started to hyperventilate such as if the bus is busy and I can't get off or I try and tell my boyfriend how I'm feeling it will suddenly come on. I have trying talking to a doctor in the past has I have a lot of family issues I have had to deal but it didn't help. It's every min of the day it's got to the point where I don't even want to get out of bed anymore. Any help or advice would be helpful thankyou

angry butterfly

angry butterfly

hi, welcome to the forum.:welcome:

Unique1

Unique1

Hi and welcome,
I suffer similar concerns and feelings as you, which for me is anxiety based panics and depression.
I would suggest going back to your Dr and asking for some help again, I'm sorry when you went before you didn't get a good response. I would explain how it is affecting your life.

I wish you well, with the right help and support things can feel better, but I guess we have to be a little persistant with some GPs initially.

X

S

SandalwoodSummer

I'm sorry you are suffering so much. Yes I do understand.

First thing you could do is ask your gp for free counselling.

Second is you could rent from the library books like 'overcoming depression' they have others. I'm sure there's an overcoming anxiety- panic- and low self esteem.

That section of self help is a good place for you to start.

You could also phone or email the Samaritans, write a journal or keep writing here, talk to wise people in your life, or call Sane.

Mind have a good website too.

Your gp should be able to help you more so keep going back until you feel better.