• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

someone suggested i might have this :S

G

gmh

i tried posting this to the hearing voices forum but didnt get much response, someone suggested scitzophrenia but i dont like labelling myself: ok here's my story, kind of long....when i was younger between the ages of 14 and 16 i self harmed and tried to kill myself on a few occassions. looking back perhaps it was a call for help or attention i dont know. i thought i was over it but lately, i would say the last year ive had this nagging voice i my head, i say a voice but i couldnt describe its accent or anything ebcause its more like a constant nagging thought telling me to kill myself. i am resisting it and constantly fighting with it telling it to shut up but it wont stop. i know i would never ever listen to the voice, im stronger than that but the fact somethings telling me to do such a thing is horrid. like somethings injected poison and evil into my braina nd wont shut up. i also have these mad thoughts that my friends are plotting against me, ive lost so many friends through it but its not constant, i have these moments of clarity like right noe where i realise i was silly. the past 3 days have been tough on me, the worst its ever been but think things are on the up for a while. could anybody advise me on what to do or what they think im experiencing? thank you

G

gmh

i really dont know what to do right now, do I ring my gp and get an appointment on monday or not?it feels to me I need to get some help but i would feel so embarrassed speaking to someone face to face about this, wouldnt be able to find the words then what if he laughs and says I'm being silly? so many issues running around my brain

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
yes best to go see the doctor and talk to him/her about that it is very serious and you will get the help you need diddy

G

gmh

thank you for your advice, something im really concerned about is how to broach the subject with the doctor. dont want to sound silly :S

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi there the doctors are trained in mental health matters they will not judge you at all they deal with it all the time ive been so ill before that ive written the doctor a letter and then handed it to her. however if you just write down what you want to talk to her about then you wont forget any points. tell them you have even been a bit anxious about discussing things with her/him and then just spill tell them everything thats been bothering you. do you have a cpn or anything? they can offer things that will help goodluck diddy

G

gmh

thanks it sounds so easy when you say it like that...whats a CPN?

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi there a cpn is a community phyciatric nurse the wasy mental health services deal with us is to send a nurse to see us once every two weeks to check on you and they help you with things you need help with the doctor will be able to tell you more about what he/she can offer you. there is help out there if you ask for it diddy

M

maudikie

To Gmh

I think you should get some professional help. See your G.P. or C.P.N if you have one. It must be horrid for you to feel like that. Another voluntary group is MIND. Perhaps you could join a group as this might help and you could make some friends who have been through similar experiences.
Take care and don't do anything foolish. You are a valuable member of society, and in group work you all help and support each other through the difficult times.

Do take care, you are appreciated.:hug:

G

gmh

thank you Ive made efforts to get the ball rolling, guess its a waiting game for now.