• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Someone please help ASAP now I’m freaking out thinking I have throat cancer

J

Jtreyo1989

Ok so I’ve been a mess the past few months just a quick catch up so for a few months I had bad stomach pain and bad stuff going on in my stomach I convinced myself it was colon cancer because not only the pain I have been dealing with very very very bad acid reflux for years and years I mean my acid reflux is everyday non stop I’ve tried every prescription nothing works..
So bad some test done all negative doc said it’s nothing he thinks I should worry about
Then I was coughing up some crazy looking phlegm the past few months to and it got worse so I convinced myself I had lung cancer.
I was coughing so bad and was coughing up the crazy phlegm went to the hospital and they gave me a X-ray and a ct scan with contrast and they found no lung problems at all but they did fine that I had a slightly Inlarged pancreas and my blood work for my pancreas was slightly elevated but doctor said that’s due to poor diet .. said nothing to worry about.

now here is my problem now my throat feels like there is a ball stuck in the middle of it. Every time I swallow it hurts it feels like there is a tumor in my throat ..
And now I keep swelling every Single minute off the day hoping it goes away and it won’t it only hurts when I swallow but it hurts and now I’m freaking out thinking it’s throat cancer I am convinced it is I can’t focus I can’t do anything but focus on my throat and I swallow 100000000 times a day now and it won’t go away somekene anyone please help

Annelis

Annelis

That must feel horrible :hug: I don't really know how to help, I think I understand how scary it is and I don't want to be telling you to not worry for it will surely be ok, because I don't think that's the kind of help you're looking for. It can happen to feel like how you do now, you have every right to freak out like this, I'm sure it has happened to many of us. I hope you soon get some proof that you are okay and that there is nothing to worry about. I hope you feel better soon.

L

Laudanum

It's probably a sore throat due to a cold. How long have you had it?

K

karl7

Ok so I’ve been a mess the past few months just a quick catch up so for a few months I had bad stomach pain and bad stuff going on in my stomach I convinced myself it was colon cancer because not only the pain I have been dealing with very very very bad acid reflux for years and years I mean my acid reflux is everyday non stop I’ve tried every prescription nothing works..
So bad some test done all negative doc said it’s nothing he thinks I should worry about
Then I was coughing up some crazy looking phlegm the past few months to and it got worse so I convinced myself I had lung cancer.
I was coughing so bad and was coughing up the crazy phlegm went to the hospital and they gave me a X-ray and a ct scan with contrast and they found no lung problems at all but they did fine that I had a slightly Inlarged pancreas and my blood work for my pancreas was slightly elevated but doctor said that’s due to poor diet .. said nothing to worry about.

now here is my problem now my throat feels like there is a ball stuck in the middle of it. Every time I swallow it hurts it feels like there is a tumor in my throat ..
And now I keep swelling every Single minute off the day hoping it goes away and it won’t it only hurts when I swallow but it hurts and now I’m freaking out thinking it’s throat cancer I am convinced it is I can’t focus I can’t do anything but focus on my throat and I swallow 100000000 times a day now and it won’t go away somekene anyone please help
do you smoke.....id get it cjhecked out

K

Kittylove

I know where you're coming from here. Try not to let yourself worry. I totally know how hard it is not to. Do you think you could have gerd? I have that and when I don't take my meds for it it feels like there is something stuck in my throat. Try not to think it is cancer as you will focus too much on it. When you probably do not have it. Best of luck. :)

J

Jtreyo1989

It’s so weird it literally only hurts when I swallow so now I’m swallowing like every minute haha just to see if it’s still there yesterday it didn’t hurt that bad at all and then today it hurts again I’m so scared it’s cancer

Annelis

Annelis

It might hurt more from you swallowing all the time . But I understand it I do it too when something bothers me I overdo it to check. But it's not helping the pain

JessisMe

JessisMe

Maybe you should visit your doctor and have him look into it just to rule it out.