• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Someone might needs this today

• Thread starter HappyHurtsSometimes
  • Start date
H

HappyHurtsSometimes

I don't know who might need this today but this verse in one of my favorite songs has helped me through some really hard times I hope it helps someone who might need it

Listen- I know it's simplified from the other side
It's easy to gloss over all the messy reasons why
And it's easy to forget where you've been
I guess that's what the scars are for, huh?
When we were 15 we wouldn't dare let that shit be seen
But now it seems mutalation's gone mainstream
I see you at my shows, scarred up from head to toe
Like there's no point even trying not to let it show
Cause we all know, emo kids like to hurt themselves
Too many feelings and not enough self control
And I mean, does this mess any of the rest of you
It's an epidemic and we're cool with it, don't question it
But it bothers me, our scars are currency by which we're measured
Like let the record show who let it slip and who held it together
*moderation* and *moderation* and honorable mentions
Posers who still *moderation* themselves up for the attention
I don't care your intentions, I just want you to know
My self-hatred never took me where I wanted to go
And at the end of the day, you know I still had to face
That I can pick at the pain, but can't *moderation* it away
And you know what else I can't do is give you ten good reasons not to
I've racked my brain for clever sayings of all the things you ought to do
But you know, I think if there was something I could say
They'd have thrown it on a brochure- and sent you on your way
So I'll keep doing what I always do: drag my heart to the piano and make it sing for you
I'll keep doing what I always do: drag my heart to the piano and let it sing for you

midnightphoenix

midnightphoenix

i know its song lyrics but " Posers who still *moderation* themselves up for the attention "

most people who self harms are not doing it for attention

H

HappyHurtsSometimes

i know its song lyrics but " Posers who still *moderation* themselves up for the attention "

most people who self harms are not doing it for attention
Yeah I understand that. And I know from personal experience that it's true that it's not for attention. I guess it's just that line is in there because alot of people assume that it's the other way around idk. But the rest of the song besides that one line is actually pretty inspiring like "I can pick at the pain but I can't *moderation* it away" like she's trying to help people realize that hurting urself more isn't going to help and that she's trying to use her music to help people for real