someone just tell me no

lucid scream

lucid scream

so, its been a good year. my med combo is apparently right, im balanced and fairly happy and motivated. im out here working a job that pays well and i love some aspects of it, tho i hate being away from the wife and kids, that part is hell. but all in all its been a productive year, and for the first time after a several year period of psych wards and suicide attempts, i am a productive member of society. yay me.
so im driving through a storm in Nebraska a few days ago, and i think to myself, 'yaknow, i feel fine. i feel normal. look at me, im coping with life just fine. im tired of having to deal with doctors and pharmacies and insurance anyway, i think ill stop taking my medication.'.........................:evil:

F

fharper6

NO!

It is never a good idea to stop your meds cold turkey. You need to discuss this with your doc. Chances are, you are feeling good because your meds are working for you and if you go off them, you might find yourself back in a self-destructive mode. Let me know what you decide.

fharper6

D

Dollit

Don't you bloody well dare! Because you do that Lucid, I come to Ohio and beat you up! That's just an illusion driven by the fact that all is well - all is well because the meds have stabilised you. Don't make me mad Lucid - you know I can be evil. xx

Aahbut

Aahbut

Hi Lucid, Dollit scares me and its you she's threating. I'd just take the pills if I was you :tea:

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Hey Lucid .................. NO NO NO NO :)

Take Dollit's advice :)

Colin76

Colin76

Founding Member
Don't you dare stop taking your meds on your own, :scared: the risks are far to great if you are stable. Please speak to your doctor if you want to do this as you will need a gradual reduction. I wish i could say i am completely stable but i am far from it even though i have just come out of a bad five week depression and feeling much better.
I contemplated stopping my anti-depressants all togetherlast week as they are no longer working. I spoke to my doctor and am gradually coming of them ready to start on a new anti-depressant.

Please remember the risks far outweigh any good times you may be having.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Oh Lucid, please think back to where you were a year ago. Do you really want to feel like that again. Weve all done it when we feel well to think about coming of meds, but its because of them you feel as good as you do.

Plus you wouldnt want the 'Doll' creeping up behind you, eh:eek:

:hug:

lucid scream

lucid scream

Don't you bloody well dare! Because you do that Lucid, I come to Ohio and beat you up! That's just an illusion driven by the fact that all is well - all is well because the meds have stabilised you. Don't make me mad Lucid - you know I can be evil. xx
ahhhHA! but im not IN ohio now AM i! run, run, as fast as you can, you cant catch me! luv ya, Dollit!
j/k. (but not about luvin Dollit) i know what you guys are saying is true. ive made the mistake too many times. but, its a sick joke, i think, it happens to so many people, we tend to think that once were feeling better that were cured, like if it was the flu or a broken leg, so its natural to decide you dont need medication, but we all know thats just not true for us.

D

Dollit

Stay on the meds Lucid because right now, this minute I need you, I'm in pain and I need all my friends, even the ones running round Utah. Actually that should be especially! And the one in Michigan.