• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Someone help me please... I'm so numb I could harm myself

D

DBSAiko

I feel nothing

Nothing

I'm so numb I could harm myself and I wouldn't give a damn

I have no fear anymore

It's so easy now...

NWiddi

NWiddi

Forum Safety Team
Help for suicidal thoughts

If you're feeling like you want to die, it's important to tell someone.

Help and support is available right now if you need it. You do not have to struggle with difficult feelings alone.

Phone a helpline

These free helplines are there to help when you're feeling down or desperate.

You can also call these helplines for advice if you’re worried about someone else.

In the UK and Ireland, call the Samaritans on 116123.
In the US, call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline ion 1-800-273-8255.
In Canada, call the Suicide Prevention Service on 1.833.456.4566.
In Australia, call Lifeline on 131114.
In New Zealand, call Need to Talk on 1737 or 080017371737.
For other countries please visit this list of crisis helplines.

If you have been affected by the contents of this thread and would like to speak to someone about your feelings you can also call one of the above helplines.

Emergency help

If you are in immediate danger, please call your local emergency number (in the UK call 999, in the USA or Canada call 911, in Australia call 000 and in New Zealand call 111 or call the international emergency number of 112).

B

Bod

Former member
Hey, what is going on with you today as you do not want to hurt your self as at the end of the day it really is not worth it. Keep trying to talk as it does get better I promise.

2Much2Feel

I feel nothing

Nothing

I'm so numb I could harm myself and I wouldn't give a damn

I have no fear anymore

It's so easy now...
Hey, @DBSAiko, please hang in there. Are you on any meds that may be causing this numbness? I know a number of them have made me feel this way. It's incredible how much one med can distort how we're thinking and feeling. It feels like it will never end. But it does. Depression is telling you it's forever and to not have hope, but you can do this. Can you reach out to a therapist? Do you have such resources available? If not, please keep talking here. You'll find so many of us relate to what you're going through and get it. But we can't give up. It's a rough path and learning process, but you can do it and come out stronger. Please reach out for help. xx

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,im so sorry you feel this way ,im not sure how i would cope to feel nothing ,im full of emotions
please keep talking here ,its important you try and share your feelings
lots of hugs x Lu x

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

also ,i find my self harm gets worse when i keep things bottled up so please keep taking here and maybe consider talking therapy? Lu x