• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Someone else's disorder

• Thread starter Deleted member 97623
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 97623

What does it feel like to not have a deficit of attention in the society where we live in now, to not space out when someone is speaking something important to you (unless you truly put in the effort) to not care about shit because you need to be impulsive aka speak your mind at any given time? Truly what is it like?

I enjoy learning about mental health–its mainly what I've spent my last three years researching, and yeah I'm saddened by what schiz's must go through. So what's it's feel like?

D

Deleted member 97623

Yes I did say:
"to not care about shit because you need to be impulsive aka speak your mind at any given time?"

I had difficulty listening to people speak growing up, and many times I'd unknowingly nod off, sometimes cut them off with some weird comment too. The lack of being able to be present into what people were saying would make me careless.

D

Deleted member 97623

which usually leads to guilt. Mindfulness practice can help. ( takes years)
Thanks. But when you have a severe form of adhd, (can you remember mindfulness?) ;)

Being mindful can help people stay in the present, but it's not so useful because mainly people are unconsciously siding with their egos.

L

LaraAdams

I understand. I’m psychotic and hear voices so I get that it’s hard. But I’ve tried for 23 years and I’ve gotten slightly better that even if it helps me an di can do it once in awhile it’s good

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Why wasn't i good enough for my ex who left my son and me for someone else Mental Health Experiences 6
B I require a diagnosis for someone else Mental Health Experiences 4
Sparklypurplepaws wishing you were someone else? Mental Health Experiences 11
E Don't know where to put this. Someone tell me if this is appropriate from a consultant psychiatrist? Mental Health Experiences 8
ht46 I just want someone to say it's ok Mental Health Experiences 9
calmleaves i really wish i could just be really vulnerable to someone Mental Health Experiences 43
T How someone feels ?? Mental Health Experiences 4
Lilly776 need someone to off load to Mental Health Experiences 51
B Has someone here recover from antipsychotics? Mental Health Experiences 63
V Can Someone tell me what kind of disease is this? Mental Health Experiences 5
B Urgently need someone to talk to while I am trying to keep myself safe while waiting for an ambulance Mental Health Experiences 3
C I am hopong someone out there is feeling how I am. I have suffered from Generalised Anxiety for over 18 years, it started when my 1st child was born. Mental Health Experiences 5
J I choose not to get better according to someone in the Crisis team. Mental Health Experiences 9
D hello different from what i've been posting but can someone tell me what happen what was it? Mental Health Experiences 2
S Is a psychiatrist saying they are fond of someone odd Mental Health Experiences 1
L Any advice for someone with trust issues? Mental Health Experiences 8
StrugglingToForget Do you ever wish you could move away so the idea of seeing someone who didn't like you one day didn't worry you? Mental Health Experiences 4
L Someone Got My Personal Info Mental Health Experiences 7
L How long can someone suppress memories of trauma? Mental Health Experiences 2
U I think that someone is reading my mind and will steal my ideas Mental Health Experiences 5
H how do you know if someone is a good friend? Mental Health Experiences 13
T Learning from someone that is better than you Mental Health Experiences 4
B Getting someone sectioned Mental Health Experiences 5
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
UpnDwn1978 Just needed to share this with someone Mental Health Experiences 3
Romanqueen Til someone says I’m out! Mental Health Experiences 24
C Can loving someone called as a mental issue? Mental Health Experiences 5
U It might be time to talk to someone Mental Health Experiences 1
S What Do You Wish Someone Would Say To You? Mental Health Experiences 70
S What Do You Wish You Could Say To Someone? Mental Health Experiences 72
CarryTheFlame Deep concerns over my Care-Coordinator. Someone, help me please? Mental Health Experiences 13
S Which antidepressants are the best for someone who is sensitive to antidepressants? Mental Health Experiences 5
Azelka Depending on someone Mental Health Experiences 4
M Has someone been through similar struggles? Mental Health Experiences 5
B Someone help please Mental Health Experiences 6
J Teaching Someone To Love.... Advice?? Mental Health Experiences 1
P Don't cry over someone who wouldn't cry over you Mental Health Experiences 3
L Someone taking over my body...? Mental Health Experiences 11
M Just need someone to know Mental Health Experiences 5
S Someone said I can’t go full circle Mental Health Experiences 1
P I feel like I'm crazy. Someone please tell me what's wrong with me? Mental Health Experiences 3
M Someone help me out please Mental Health Experiences 6
U I fell I might need to see someone, first step. Mental Health Experiences 8
H I fall in love with someone and now I became depressed and suicidal, what should I do? Mental Health Experiences 5
somedaymaybe I don't understand why someone would want to do this. Mental Health Experiences 5
S Just want to know someone is listening Mental Health Experiences 5
E Support someone I love Mental Health Experiences 1
S someone to talk to please Mental Health Experiences 18
F Can someone please answer questions about being sectioned in UK Mental Health Experiences 5
X Do you believe that if someone does something evil in this life they will suffer after their death? Mental Health Experiences 23