• Welcome! If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Someone else's disorder

• Thread starter Deleted member 97623
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 97623

What does it feel like to not have a deficit of attention in the society where we live in now, to not space out when someone is speaking something important to you (unless you truly put in the effort) to not care about shit because you need to be impulsive aka speak your mind at any given time? Truly what is it like?

I enjoy learning about mental health–its mainly what I've spent my last three years researching, and yeah I'm saddened by what schiz's must go through. So what's it's feel like?

D

Deleted member 97623

Yes I did say:
"to not care about shit because you need to be impulsive aka speak your mind at any given time?"

I had difficulty listening to people speak growing up, and many times I'd unknowingly nod off, sometimes cut them off with some weird comment too. The lack of being able to be present into what people were saying would make me careless.

D

Deleted member 97623

which usually leads to guilt. Mindfulness practice can help. ( takes years)
Thanks. But when you have a severe form of adhd, (can you remember mindfulness?) ;)

Being mindful can help people stay in the present, but it's not so useful because mainly people are unconsciously siding with their egos.

L

LaraAdams

I understand. I’m psychotic and hear voices so I get that it’s hard. But I’ve tried for 23 years and I’ve gotten slightly better that even if it helps me an di can do it once in awhile it’s good

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
M Why wasn't i good enough for my ex who left my son and me for someone else Mental Health Experiences 6
D hello different from what i've been posting but can someone tell me what happen what was it? Mental Health Experiences 2
S Is a psychiatrist saying they are fond of someone odd Mental Health Experiences 1
L Any advice for someone with trust issues? Mental Health Experiences 8
StrugglingToForget Do you ever wish you could move away so the idea of seeing someone who didn't like you one day didn't worry you? Mental Health Experiences 4
L Someone Got My Personal Info Mental Health Experiences 7
L How long can someone suppress memories of trauma? Mental Health Experiences 2
U I think that someone is reading my mind and will steal my ideas Mental Health Experiences 5
H how do you know if someone is a good friend? Mental Health Experiences 13
T Learning from someone that is better than you Mental Health Experiences 4
B Getting someone sectioned Mental Health Experiences 5
L Having a really hard time - Advice on getting over someone? Mental Health Experiences 15
Amelia2020 Anyone else find themselves crying at anything on Television? Mental Health Experiences 2
Novastars Does anyone else find it hard to ask for help? Mental Health Experiences 14
R Paranoia, labels, or something else Mental Health Experiences 1
E Has anyone else had a positive experience with every prescribed medication Mental Health Experiences 1
Amelia2020 Anyone else sick of thinking negative all the time? Mental Health Experiences 8
D Didn’t know where else to put this ....... Mental Health Experiences 4
Sloshiceangel Is this a fetish or something else? Mental Health Experiences 1
T I have no identity, I am a blank slate (anyone else?) Mental Health Experiences 6
T Chronic feeling crap, depression or something else? Mental Health Experiences 2
MissPink Does anyone else think this is rude? Mental Health Experiences 9
jacquelinx Is anyone else obsessed with dates, times, and numbers? Mental Health Experiences 5
C Hurt me so I wouldn’t hurt anyone else? Mental Health Experiences 2
B Does anybody else get stuck on past events? Mental Health Experiences 19
H Multiple Personality Disorder - Living with the aftermath Mental Health Experiences 5
Daybreak Are there advantages to being mentally ill? Mental Disorder Superpowers Mental Health Experiences 24
Muddledmuggle Is it possible to have an Attention deficit disorder and not realize it? Mental Health Experiences 8
S Does anyone know what this particular disorder might be ? Mental Health Experiences 1
jajingna Intermittent Explosive Disorder Mental Health Experiences 9
Q "Dark Night of the Soul"/ Awakening to a Personality Disorder/ Dissociating Mental Health Experiences 6
H Delusional disorder Mental Health Experiences 5
wraziel I'm scared about bipolar disorder D: !!! Mental Health Experiences 2
L Need help possable neurological disorder... Mental Health Experiences 1