Some good news

P

plumtart

I got diagnosed with some minor mental issue by a private psychiatrist in 2001 and started to give me low doses of antipsychotic such as as solian, risperdol etc. i didn't think i have a mental illness myself at the time. i only felt i experienced some side effects associated with taking these pills, such as loss of sexual ability etc. it was until jan2014 i had an episode of psychosis that i felt quite serious. in that incident, i was sitting in the office and suddenly i saw text from the computer screen flooding into my eyes, then there was a loud screaming sound, and parts of the screen grew into a golden bubble, then i felt i lost control of my mind as i was going insane. i immediately tried to gain control of myself and left the office to head home to rest. i managed to be able to pay the taxi driver and open door at home. after waking up, i felt normal again. the psychiatrist told me that was psychosis and the reason i had that experience was because i wasnt taking an enough dose of pill. so he upped my pill to 80mg zeldox. i lost job a few times, and during a 2 year period, i would suddenly feel anxiety and loose control of myself. so the doctor upped the dosage to maximum doze. At that level, i didn't experience anxiety or loss of control anymore, but it had an impact on my heart. So the psychiatrist changed it to a low dose of olanzapine. I didnt feel any side effects - no more fluctuations of saliva, tremping hands, insomnia or anxiety. along with the treatment, i took fishoil pill and vitamin b. i suspect these health pills are helping me to get better. it has been 1 year since i didnt experience loss of control of mind. i feel well. i hope my experience help someone reading this.

P

plumtart

Update

I read somewhere in the medication leaflet in the box that one of the side effects taking these pills is that i may have weight gain. Yes I seem to note I got a bigger belly fat around the waist. I hired a personal trainer to discipline me to exercise. Before I was about 55kg now 68kg.
The medication that I was given now is:

olazipine starting dose - taken evening
invega starting dose 3mg - taken evening

danxipress 1 morning 1 evening
Benzhexol heck table 2mg 3 times per day.

I earn a starting basic salary doing some office job processing data. I have informed my boss of my disability that one ear is deaf and having 'mental illness' thats being treated. They didn't abuse me like in other jobs elsewhere, and I go home to rest and get enough sleep (I dont think I can raise children given my financial situation and health). Gradually I see I have recovered and function like a normal adult. I am aged 45 and when I exercise, my heart rate can shoot up to like 150-168. I think getting a 6 pack abs is a very far goal that may be not achievable but my current goal is to try maintain a healthy weight.
Thanks for reading, I hope my sharing helps someone.

NWiddi

NWiddi

I was on Olanzapine for two years and gained six stones in weight, I had a huge appetite and had massive burgers from the local take away at least three times a week.

I'm now on Aripiprazole and my appetite has reduced significantly and without much exercise I've already dropped a stone from 16 down to 15, I'm still only two months into taking it and have just gone up to the maximum dose a few days ago but thankfully I've not noticed any side effects.

InfiniteRectangles

InfiniteRectangles

I was on Olanzapine for two years and gained six stones in weight, I had a huge appetite and had massive burgers from the local take away at least three times a week.

I'm now on Aripiprazole and my appetite has reduced significantly and without much exercise I've already dropped a stone from 16 down to 15, I'm still only two months into taking it and have just gone up to the maximum dose a few days ago but thankfully I've not noticed any side effects.
The same thing happened to me. Not only did Olanzapine not work for me but it made me gain a bunch of weight. I went off of that and went on Vraylar and my appetite has gone down and I've managed to lose a little weight. I'm about to change meds again though because Vraylar is crazy expensive.