• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Some good news for a change

E

english rose

Well I got a letter from the Upper Tribunal today, they've granted me permission to appeal to them, I didn't know I even needed permission & I'm glad I didn't know as it would've been one more thing to worry about. They've given their reasons & in doing so have been rather critical of the Lower Tribunal, it falls in to two categories, firstly relating to my mental health problems, secondly relating to procedure - the phrases erred in law and material non-disclosure are used. My solicitor has reminded me that this does not mean I will definitely win, but agrees that it's a good indication (I emailed her to say I was feeling optimistic after reading the letter).

Unique1

Unique1

Well I got a letter from the Upper Tribunal today, they've granted me permission to appeal to them, I didn't know I even needed permission & I'm glad I didn't know as it would've been one more thing to worry about. They've given their reasons & in doing so have been rather critical of the Lower Tribunal, it falls in to two categories, firstly relating to my mental health problems, secondly relating to procedure - the phrases erred in law and material non-disclosure are used. My solicitor has reminded me that this does not mean I will definitely win, but agrees that it's a good indication (I emailed her to say I was feeling optimistic after reading the letter).
Hope it goes well English rose.
Glad your optimistic.
X

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
it'd be nice if they backdated all the money your losing whilst they think about the decision

SarahD

SarahD

That is good news.

Wishing you all the best.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
They will have to backdate the money if I win my appeal.
it took 2 yrs and appeals for my dla claim to reach a tribunal, in the tribunal details they sent me was a request they not back date the money, realised i'd won the case,won the tribumal with backdated money, when i turned up at the bank with cheques for 8 k the bank clark started questioning me, felt it was none of her business but also felt if i didn't argue my case it would be all round the bank this scrounger had got 8 k from the benefits

Similar threads
Thread starter Title Forum Replies Date
W News re: PIP and ESA reviews Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
Z benefits news from the I paper today Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 0
N Surprise Happier News - not so d readed brown envelope anymore! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
Not_Crazy_Yet Good news, i hope. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
D I don't think it's good news on the PIP front Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
Nikita Important news mental health charity mind is applying to work as dwp work coaches! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
ScaredCat Benefit fraud in news Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 30
L PIP assessment lasted 30 minutes. Is this bad news? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
V good news Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
P is no news good news? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
P positive news for you all claiming ESA..... Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
U sorry, NO Good news Here.. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 26
N Good News on DLA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
I Bad news for the wrag Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
F had third medical.... no news yet. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
miffyrabbit Link To BBC News Article: ATOS Messes Up. Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
S Breaking news: Man in coma refused ESA Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
P finally some good news! Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4
Funnyday Change of circumstances Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 8
I PIP mobility law change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
T PIP - Change of Circumstances | Urgent Help Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
B Since CBT is going really well and meds are working, wanted to change my career path Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
cpuusage Benefit sanctions and absurdity: will public attitudes change? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 1
F Time to change for Time to change? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 9
C Why does the DWP first letter say there'll be no change in benefits? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
L Bipolar and going back to work in IT or possible career change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 6
A Campaign to change Work Capability Assessment i.e. the ATOS assessment Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
Fairy Lucretia DLA change to PIP Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 2
D what benefits of mine will change Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 3
W Does anyone know about how my benefits would change if my partner moves in and becomes my carer? Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 5
greenfairy Planned career change to MH Nursing Work, Money, Benefits, Housing and Education 4