• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Solitary, but not because social anxiety, anyone else ?

M

ManDss

Anyone here is also a solitary person ?

As I said, not because social anxiety or any problema related to talk with people.

I personally dont find people who I like to stay, or people who I think I can talk one-on-one, someone with I enjoy talking, not someone which I have to fake my persona, so the talk can keep moving.

Im some kind of melancholic person. I lile quietness. Im not with a smile all the time, Im constantly thinking in some serius personal struggles I have to live with.

Anyone here also is also a solitary person ?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I am what used to be called a loner. It used to be a compliment, a person who becomes absorbed in crafts or a bookworm. A person who likes their own company. Then we started to have murderers who the media started reporting as loners, like this was a bad thing, this meant the person had mental health problems of the evil kind. Mental health problem does not equal evil murderer and loner does not equal personality problems does it.

Maybe people, composers, artists, they enjoyed their own company.

People have to say now, when asked if they have a boyfriend or girlfriend, that they are happily single. You have to say happily because otherwise you are some weirdo with personality problems. The other hand is the single person who is looked at as a slag because she has a boyfriend, then another. I used to say about my ex boyfriend, to others, that we had a lot of fun together. I was referring to nice meals out, walks, cinema, musems, but they assumed i was talking about in the bedroom.

I love being with people, for a while, outside having fun, conversations, but i am very happy on my own too.

N

Nukelavee

I'm generally happy by myself, although I do enjoy company.

D

Deleted member 95368

I spent most of the past 30 years far from home in various places (in the US) working.
I was many miles distant from everyone I knew.

I'm not the sort who can walk into a bar and be social with anyone.
I worked far too many hours to have any social life.
So I was 'social distancing' before it was en vogue.

At this stage of life I've learned that human beings are very often monsters, soulless cold-blooded demons, devoid of care or consideration for others.
And I have learned to avoid them when possible.

M

ManDss

Right now I feel...

Loneliness makes me have a feeling I dont know what word use to describe it.

I feel the need to have someone to talk, someone who also gets how this is, someone with I get along.

But then theres no one there.

I was thinking to make a topic saying that "would be good to make a network of people to receive mutual help".

But then I think "well, thats what this forum is about".

But I dont feel it like that. I see people writing about their problems, and people replying them.

But, those people do actually feel like this is a net of contention ? Or is just "drop a message, and if someone replies good, and whatever".

I think some people really feel they have some peers here, and thats good for them.

I dont have a group of contention for me here.

Sometimes I just create conversations in my mind, I imagine the kind of conversation I would like to have with someone, I idealize people.

Sometimes I think to create a topic, I try to pic the words to describe my situation with good details to "atract" to someone I think is "out there" and have "a similar way of thinking to me".

Sometimes I think to create a topic, then I think "for what ? Its just going to be null, no one like I want is going to appear, the person I really want to meet doesnt exists, its just a dream"..