Gajolene

Gajolene

Socratic questioning, What to Ask Yourself to Get Out of a Negative Thinking Rut

https://www.yahoo.com/health/what-to-ask-yourself-to-get-out-of-a-negative-126687212382.html

“Socratic questioning involves the use of questions to help someone develop a new perspective,” the study’s co-author Daniel Strunk, PhD, an associate professor of psychology at Ohio State University, explains to Yahoo Health. Therapists may use Socratic questioning with clients to help them evaluate the accuracy of their own negative thoughts and beliefs (though it’s possible people without depression can also benefit from this questioning strategy to get out of a negative thinking rut).

Mayfair

Mayfair

Admin
There was a good documentary on the BBC the other week. I know you won't be able to get it Gaj, but I've found it on youtube here

A man demonstrates this method on Bettany Hughes and it's interesting.

Gajolene

Gajolene

Thanks for that documentary Mayfair enjoyed it very much this morning. I found a link yesterday to hundreds of free courses online and to 135 philosophy books all free for the reading. 135 Free Philosophy eBooks | Open Culture Not just book there either courses, certificate courses, documentary links and film links. A trully invaluble resource and definately one to bookmark for anyone that believes you never stop learning whether your in school or not and no matter how old you are.