• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

socialphobia.

I

IntrospectionFtw!

i know theirs a separate forum for this but i wanted to ask people with psychosis...whats ur social phobia like ive become terrible since my last 2 episodes i do what i need to do but dont commit too anything long term
am i lazy is it my meds is it my illness? can it get better with exposure therapy even if u have a psychotic illness? i made a real go of it after my 2nd to last episode and the quetiapine i took got me really motivated and doing stuff but then i had to come off went onto olanzapine and fell back into this stupor again..what are ur experiences with this?

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
hi intro when i was on olanzapine i was sluggish and put on an awful lot of weight quitiapine for me has been much better i am not a complete zombie. its like this sometimes i can cope like yesterday i went swimming alone and today i went into town to by dvds and sometimes i cant do it. however if you do it as much as you can and remember that it is in itself a big deal for people like me and you it can make you feel better. ive just been philosophising about how i care too much what people think ive never fit in and never will so i might as well do what i want! I right down the night before what i want to do and go do it early in the morning before i think myself out of it. isolating ones self and being social phobic and fearful and depressed is all part of your illness i'm afriad sorry to be a doom monger. from an adverage nutt :)

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
YOU ARE NOT LAZY!!!!!!!! ignorant "normal" people have accussed me of being lazy and i have experienced stigma from people who are frankly stupid where i lived before now was full of teen mothers trying to get pregnant to get a house and one day i would hear comments. why doesnt she ever say hello? shes a lazy bitch, why doesnt she ever go out. it hurts but you are going to come across bafoons like this i dont know why i'm waffling but i wanted to add to my last post that when doing exposure therapy be gentle on yourself and give yourself rewards like at first id only go 100 yards out the house then a bit more then a bit more dont put too much pressure on yourself deep breathing and a trick my phycologist told me pick a colour and look around you for as many things as you can in that coulour when you are afraid it stops you having a panick attack. :) if it isnt scary then it isnt brave

I

IntrospectionFtw!

thanks diddy yh i guess since my illness became worse my ears have been burning abit more like you said people have been calling me lazy old friends want nothing to do with me, the thing is i am strong willed and if i had to do something i know i could but in a weird way most people are defined around other people but im the opposite i feel like more of a person by myself but obviously you have to start doing stuff eventually...yh i mean it happened over night really i was quite a socialable person till this "psychosis" thing began..then it just became hell..recently idk i think im very undermedicated i mean im hearing voices some nights which is a new experience for me, thanks for the advice.

D

diddypinks

ACCOUNT CLOSED
a good book to read on schizophrenia is moving on you can get it from amazon it tells you how to get the help you need etc do you see a cpn? the voices are scary there are meetings called the hearing voices network its for people who hear voices i dont have one close to me but you might when i was in your situation i went to my doctor and got coucelling once a week it was very frightening and yes it is like hell but you CAN get better it'll just take a little time i didnt go out eccept once a week to see my coucellor you can just talk to someone about what your going through it helped me but its hard and you feel exhausted afterwards then you heal tho. good luck mate diddy:D

M

maudikie

To Introspection.

You are NOT lazy. The illness makes you tired. I think you should see your G.P
or contact the Mental health Team and tel them how you feel. If your medication has been changed and you feel worse for it, then ask them to change it back again. If you have a group near you that might also help.
Do take care. I hope you will soon feel better.

Maudikie.:hug:

B

bebe

Take the words lazy from your mind as you are not this at all you cannot help it and a true understanding friend and family should know why there are days u cannot be bothered to do things, them that do call u lazy are to me not fully aware about your illness.