• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

socializing

B

Baran

I like to go out and talk with people. But I cannot. How can I over come???

vanish

vanish

Staff Member on Leave
Hi Baran, do you know what's holding you back, is it paranoia?

vanish

vanish

Staff Member on Leave
You needn't let a diagnosis of schizophrenia hold you back. I have schizophrenia and at times when I am doing a little better, I make an effort to talk to people. I find otherwise I get caught up in my own head too much.

B

Baran

You needn't let a diagnosis of schizophrenia hold you back. I have schizophrenia and at times when I am doing a little better, I make an effort to talk to people. I find otherwise I get caught up in my own head too much.
Thank you. I understand.i do medication almost 8 years. Do I need take for life long?? Doctors said yes because still I have some magical thinking.still I believe all world watching me

L

Lab rat

It’s all a matter of pushing yourself. While I was quite ill with voices and paranoia, I managed to lead weekly meetings with two dozen staff present. And while I was quite ill, I gave a presentation to over 300 people. I’m not suggesting you try that, but I just wanted to put out there that it is possible. Course, also when I was at the height of my symptoms, I couldn’t even hold a one on one conversation. Somebody was telling me something and I would think they were done and walk off halfway through.

B

Baran

It’s all a matter of pushing yourself. While I was quite ill with voices and paranoia, I managed to lead weekly meetings with two dozen staff present. And while I was quite ill, I gave a presentation to over 300 people. I’m not suggesting you try that, but I just wanted to put out there that it is possible. Course, also when I was at the height of my symptoms, I couldn’t even hold a one on one conversation. Somebody was telling me something and I would think they were done and walk off halfway through.
I am 35 years of age. I never had girl friend. Is it okay if I marry with this illness???

L

Lab rat

I’ve not been single for even one week since I was 13. I’m now married 3 times with 4 kids and 6 grandchildren.

oh how I envy you!

B

Baran

I’ve not been single for even one week since I was 13. I’m now married 3 times with 4 kids and 6 grandchildren.

oh how I envy you!
Difficult to find a girlfriend in our culture