• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Social Workers

E

Eng65

Founding Member
My post about what happened to my partner at the hands of Social Workers, has not recieve many replies? http://www.mentalhealthforum.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147

I was just wondering those of you who did read what i put, if you could provide some feedback. I understand that for some it may bring up painful memories from the past. I posted what i have because it is something that cannot be ignored, by people who experience our problems.

"United we stand divided we fall"

Regards
Eng65

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I don't like social workers, they claim they're there to help you basically because that makes the job easier but really they ration the councils limited resources

The ones in London, they're rich people doimg there duty to the less fortunate and don't like been told that if the money they're spending on public school fees for their kids was redistributed most people wouldn't be in need of them in the first place

T

trakel

Founding Member
social workers

I too have had a run in with social services because of an incendent of domestic violence towards me,my children are now on the child protection list and at the child protection meeting it was brought up about my mental health problems. Just before christmas i had social workers threatening to take my children away from me if the see their dad,i was heaverly pregnant at the time they also said the wouldnt think twice about comming to the hospital to take away my new born.

C

coconut

Founding Member
I dont want to disbelieve what you are saying and believe everyword of it. But the social workers in my area are rubbish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My two young nieces where abused by their mothers partner so myself and family reported this and it all came out and the children where put on a child protection list but bcos my their mother declared se wont go bk with im and lied to them and kept it up for 5 months the children are off of it and they do not get any visits if so they are planned so she has time to make her partner disappear.
It is disgusting to believe innocent people like yourselves get threatened and harrassed by these people who are meant to care. But when a situation occurs that actually means they are doing something right for the children involved they shy away!!!
As for the mother how can you be with someone that grabs your children (not his) so hard that it leaves finger prints round their arms and watch him throw them across the room?
She even stood up and admitted this in court!
Social services are rubbish!

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
Social workers are generally unsympathetic and cynical. They have caseloads which are too big and usually cannot make any form of progress that requires their commitment. They are another layer red tape to bind you down. I would estimate in my experience they make a positve impact in perhaps 1 out of 20 cases.

M

Michael

Founding Member
Shouldn't this thread be under - discussion - your two pence worth -?

Generalisation of social workers may lead some who may need there help to not go there.
I can not believe what people say about them is true, it certainly isn't amongst the ones I've met.

Nevertheless I have to accept that if some want to vent anger then fair enough but not in open forum where it certainly reads libelous.

If there is change to be needed then lets come up with a format to go the powers that be ie politicians your own MP etc and do something that is practical.

It seems to me in a lot of the reported cases that also seem to be sensationlised is that they are dammed if they do and dammed if they don't.

Michael

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
Generalisation of social workers may lead some who may need there help to not go there.
You are of course utterly correct. I forgot to put the positive side in my rant.:innocent:

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I have to disagree with the comments here. Maybe i have just been lucky but the last two social workers i have had have been wonderful and i can't praise them high enough. They have always been there when ive needed them. They shouldnt all be tarred with the same brush as in any profession there are good and bad. And i cannot believe I am the only one that has something good to say about them

M

Mad Hatter

Founding Member
I work with social workers day in and day out and to be honest I haven't got much time for them, mostly middle class politically correct nincompoops who are utterly convinced they are good at what they do. This is only in the mental health field mind as for the rest out there I cannot comment as I have no dealings with them.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
The social worker XXXX XXXX by name who said "help is only for those who've been sectioned and i doubt you've ever been sectioned"

The social worker who claimed he was empowering me by doing nothing

The social worker who phoned up and said "you've been assessed as CPA level 1 and theres people more in need than you who aren't getting help"

I would like to see them all sacked and the savings put into the benefit system

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Services 3