• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

For more features and forums

Social Workers and the abuse of Family

E

Eng65

Founding Member
Hi to all,

Towards the end of 2007, I posted on the subject about Children and Families, and Social workers. My reasons for me bringing up these matters were because of my dealings with them, and the abuse of my partner.

I would like to make it clear, not all Social Workers are rogues. They do a very difficult job, which at times can be very unpleasant. However there are some who take their position to far, this leads to abuse of power.
My partner spent another Christmas grieving for her child she will not see until he is 18. My partner wants what happened to her told.
FORCED ADOPTION is what I will be covering soon. I know it will make some of you angry; it may bring up memories from the past of your own experiences, with Social Services.

But it needs to be told, how it is in the UK today. Through out what I will bring up is what led to my partner’s child being removed? I will bring up the battles I have had with the Local Authority, and I still am. The dishonesty of the Director of Social Services The people who are tirelessly campaigning to stop what is going on. Being victimised because of Mental Health, and loosing your children because of it.

Eng65

Last edited:
daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I know this is not quite along the same lines but ive had a CPN and a PSW. The nurse was very matter of fact and patronising, speaking to me as if i was a child. And i didnt get on with her at all

Yet the social workers ive had (2 of them) have been brilliant. When i ve manic she sorted my bank out for me. Helped me get my house put back in order after id decided to aint it in a rather avant garde way.She also filled the DLA forms in and all i had to do was sign it. She comes to see me every 2 weeks and even tries to get me out and about. If i cant make a hospital appointment she will come and pick me up. Ive been with her for 2 years now and hope that she stays on tho im sure shell move at some stage

E

Eng65

Founding Member
I understand. There are those who's attitude can be personal. Some go as far as believing people with Mental Health are inferior, and should pull themselves together and get job, pay tax ect

Some have hiddden agendas which are extemely dangerous indeed. There is a lot that goes on which i will start to uncover. All Social Workers have to be registered with the General Social Care Council, even Students. GSCC. The LA, Never tell you about them, if you want to make a complaint to the GSCC, but if it is serious enough you can make a complaint directly to them. I have my own views on the GSCC, because i have had dealings with them
http://www.gscc.org.uk/Home/

I am pleased the Social workers you have are understandind and Professional in there job.

All the very best
Eng65

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
I'm intrested in reading your post's .

I'm not too happy with the mental health service here ( my area ). But at the moment i'm storring stuff till i feel i have enough eveidence/support to go for the juggular so to speak.

E

Eng65

Founding Member
Thanks for your reply.

I can see by what i have posted has prompted you to bring up what you have.

Would you like to be more specific about what you are not happy with?
You do not have to go into any detail.

Regards
Eng65

Fedup

Fedup

Founding Member
Thanks for your reply.

I can see by what i have posted has prompted you to bring up what you have.

Would you like to be more specific about what you are not happy with?
You do not have to go into any detail.

Regards
Eng65
Basically the ,help ,the care and understanding from them.
I'm attending a meeting tomorrow with 3 of " them " , so will decide what action i will take after then .

E

Eng65

Founding Member
Basically the ,help ,the care and understanding from them.
I'm attending a meeting tomorrow with 3 of " them " , so will decide what action i will take after then .
I was wondering if you have someone to go with you? A friend or relative?
They do not like it if you have someone present with you with a note book taking notes. I recorded a Social Worker with a mini recorder, did not like that one bit. Hope it all goes well.

All the very best
Eng65