• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Social withdrawal

ht46

ht46

I always see "social withdrawal" being listed as a symptom of schizophrenia, but I cant stand socializing, clicks etc it just causes me stress. The hierarchy the need of others for you to comply to their beliefs to be accepted. I dont see the appeal. Does that make me sick?

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

The hierarchy the need of others for you to comply to their beliefs to be accepted. I dont see the appeal.
Hi, can you explain it more? I am not sure whether I correctly understood.

Socializing from I remember was difficult for me because of repeatness and boringness of human most usual behaviors.

Mikrokosmos

Mikrokosmos

(here was duplicated post because of network error, sorry)

JessisMe

JessisMe

I always see "social withdrawal" being listed as a symptom of schizophrenia, but I cant stand socializing, clicks etc it just causes me stress. The hierarchy the need of others for you to comply to their beliefs to be accepted. I dont see the appeal. Does that make me sick?
no

Someone_alone

Someone_alone

be yourself, youll find people similar to you by doing what you enjoy, and their is nothing wrong with being alone and its actually better to be alone, learn to love yourself and grow more and then find people :)

Passionflower

Passionflower

Are you diagnosed with schizophrenia?

S

SandAndStars

I used to love being alone in a crowd, doing something reading blabla, its like you can feel the soicializing but choose not to engage.. Of course thats not good for me to avoid it. The worst part about social for me is very loud non personal chat or gossip. If I want a good coversations it is one on one.
There is an element of trying to become presentable when in large groups, it is easier to be casual and true when with one or two people. Also the focus is better

Finite

Finite

I cant stand socializing, clicks etc it just causes me stress.
I can identify with that and I don't think it makes you sick. I don't do well in social situations and tend to avoid them wherever possible, but that's a matter of self preservation, not sickness.

ht46

ht46

Hi, can you explain it more? I am not sure whether I correctly understood.

Socializing from I remember was difficult for me because of repeatness and boringness of human most usual behaviors.
It's a number of things like everyone is in constant communication with each other on social media which I dont use which leaves me a bit out of the know. And I just get frustrated with the need of others to me to comply to their beliefs to be accepted like I'm not on health buzz or like craft beer why do you they need me to be which was a recent situation.

ht46

ht46

I can identify with that and I don't think it makes you sick. I don't do well in social situations and tend to avoid them wherever possible, but that's a matter of self preservation, not sickness.
Yes thanks it is self preservation.

ht46

ht46

I used to love being alone in a crowd, doing something reading blabla, its like you can feel the soicializing but choose not to engage.. Of course thats not good for me to avoid it. The worst part about social for me is very loud non personal chat or gossip. If I want a good coversations it is one on one.
There is an element of trying to become presentable when in large groups, it is easier to be casual and true when with one or two people. Also the focus is better
That's true I do prefer one on one. And that sometimes I dont have a voice in groups.
Thanks

ht46

ht46

be yourself, youll find people similar to you by doing what you enjoy, and their is nothing wrong with being alone and its actually better to be alone, learn to love yourself and grow more and then find people :)
I agree I probably need to branch out more and have more faith in people than jumping to paranoid conclusions. Just after my episodes I only had my family then ended up getting more or less alone where I began to enjoy time to myself now I find socializing difficult.