• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

social phobia combined with extreme shyness

• Thread starter Deleted member 35058
  • Start date
irwin

irwin

Maybe a chatroom would be good for those of us who don't talk much to anyone in person but feel the need to. It might just be a matter of the admins enabling it in the MHF software. It would need to be organized, though. Otherwise, people would lose interest, and somebody has to keep the conversation going.

Z

zula77

Hi Jordan, you are definitely not alone! I hope you're feeling more positive. I think it's important to remember that other people aren't as scary as we think they are...and taking tiny steps is the way to go. totally agree with nature helping too. Sometimes I will collect leaves/things I find out in nature and stick them in a journal to remind me that whilst I was anxious, calmness and good things always surround us. Nature is powerful!

J

jordan84

I think one of my most favourite players at the moment is Judd Trump.. it's great when there's a nail biting contest, also large breaks fascinate me, to keep that much control over the cue ball etc. How are you finding the Forum? Personally I find it a great place to communicate, there seems to be a lot less judgemental people on here who are always willing to support and help others'. :)
Hi again 👋 😊 my last account got deleted by accident but the team have created a new account for me 😊 I'm finding the forum good so far as people on here are friendly and supportive. Cool how you really enjoy the large breaks in snooker, I like watching Ronni O'Sullivan do large breaks as he makes it look so easy, I bet a lot of people don't realise how difficult it is to keep control of the cue ball in order to create a large break or even better a 147 😊

J

jordan84

hi jordan, Welcome to the forums.....I have bad socila anxiety too .....i have no friends nor a girlfriend, i used to be very lonely but then i found this forum.....its a nice place to post/talk.....people here are humble nice caring understanding people who have been through it.....keep up posting...
Thank you 😊 I'm sorry you have this horrible condition too but I'm glad how posting on here helps you to feel less lonely 😊

J

jordan84

Hi Jordan, you are definitely not alone! I hope you're feeling more positive. I think it's important to remember that other people aren't as scary as we think they are...and taking tiny steps is the way to go. totally agree with nature helping too. Sometimes I will collect leaves/things I find out in nature and stick them in a journal to remind me that whilst I was anxious, calmness and good things always surround us. Nature is powerful!
That's nice to here how you find nature calming 😊 what a great idea to collect leaves and things and keep them to look at later as they help you to feel calm 😊 nature is very powerful indeed and none judgemental too 😊 I like watching bugs like lady bugs or listening the birds and the various calls they make, it's calming and relaxing too 😊

OCDguy

OCDguy

Hi again 👋 😊 my last account got deleted by accident but the team have created a new account for me 😊 I'm finding the forum good so far as people on here are friendly and supportive. Cool how you really enjoy the large breaks in snooker, I like watching Ronni O'Sullivan do large breaks as he makes it look so easy, I bet a lot of people don't realise how difficult it is to keep control of the cue ball in order to create a large break or even better a 147 😊
Good to see you back and posting :) Ronnie is such a natural, he makes break building etc. look so easy :) I noticed how you appreciate the finer things in life... It might not be such a bad thing if we all took a step back now and then in our busy lives, just to connect and absorb the World around us and show appreciation for everything we take for granted. It may help us realise just how lucky we are etc. :)

J

jordan84

Good to see you back and posting :) Ronnie is such a natural, he makes break building etc. look so easy :) I noticed how you appreciate the finer things in life... It might not be such a bad thing if we all took a step back now and then in our busy lives, just to connect and absorb the World around us and show appreciation for everything we take for granted. It may help us realise just how lucky we are etc. :)
That's very true 😊there is a line in a song i like that goes, slow down for a minute and you might see that your in it 😊I think it is too easy to lose touch with the natural world around us, we need to appreciate the present moment more 😊