• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Social media

N

Natalie355

I have requested to delete my Facebook account but getting anxious without it so I've changed my mind and want to keep it but don't know how to cancel request

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

To my knowledge even when you delete they give you ability to reopen in within certain period of time.

Whyd you delete in first place ?

N

Natalie355

Anxiety but it's not actually getting deleted for like another week and I didn't know if just logging back into my account would cancel it or I would have to do something else

Zackthemaniac

Zackthemaniac

Anxiety but it's not actually getting deleted for like another week and I didn't know if just logging back into my account would cancel it or I would have to do something else

If i remember right i think it does. But if it was causing you anxiety. It would probably best to take a break

JustMe1982

JustMe1982

I have requested to delete my Facebook account but getting anxious without it so I've changed my mind and want to keep it but don't know how to cancel request
You just log in to cancel delete. I have done it enough times to know how. :p I finally did delete though and have been gone for 2 years. Was good for me.

TheBlackSheep

TheBlackSheep

I understand this feeling. I had several social media accounts but now just have one (Twitter) and I primarily use that for work/news. I was one of those people who had ‘friends’ on Facebook yet majority were people from school I’d not seen since we left or even people from school I’d never even spoken to.

Seeings all the posts about how ‘good’ peoples lives were (even if it wasn’t the case) just made my anxiety and depression worse. I took the steps to delete everyone, then my account and finally the app.

Like most addictions it’s not as simple as just switching it off. It takes will power and the ‘want’ to do it. Try finding some other distraction or app to replace it. I found after a week or so I didn’t actually miss Facebook anymore. I realised it was doing me more harm than good.

C

Carsot8

Don't delete your facebook. I deleted mine in a moment of despair/anger and it's made my mental health worse. Whether or not we like it it's an important part of social identity/communcation in this generation. All those photos, messages, posts, positive memories, social connections. You can't get that back once you delete permanently. I had hundreds of fb friends from around the world and I had to start again completely.

arodi007

arodi007

same happen to me, am only using Discord with a close community. I thk it better to switch to a only text messaging and what fitting your environment :v

Topcat

Topcat

Facebook gets to me quite often, I usually disconnect for a while rather than close my account entirely. This time (months ago now) I put nearly everyone on ignore instead so I stopped seeing people's posts. I kept a few friends and all my groups so I could still browse my hobbies/interests and that has been better. If I want to I can un ignore, but so far I haven't switched anyone back on!