• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

social isolation

R

rcc8128

does anyone else have trouble getting out ? i have been in near total isolation since june because i can't bear the thought of going out and speaking to people. i live on a diet of bread, cheese and milk because i can get them delivered and go cigarette shopping once a week at 6am. the rest of my time is spent at my computer buying things i don't need with money i can't afford to spend. i have been bankrupt once and fear i am heading that way again. my self harm is out of control, cutting on a daily basis now. the only thing that keeps me going is waiting for the post every morning. if you read this and has some constructive advice on improving my situation i would be most grateful. thanks, richard

J

jamesdean

I dont have any constructive advice only to say that I was almost recluse certainly isolated for a good seven years I have been out for the past 18 months n I'm starting to feel isolated once more because people just hurt all the time,I have come almost a full circle. I get frightened by people all the time. If it wasnted formy bf I would most definately become recluse.

Wendy

Wendy

I don't like going out there personally,with having to face the people.
But I know of a lady that has been in total isolation after coming out of a mental hospital 3 years ago.
The poor lady is in a shared house,supported acommadation.The house has 4 people getting by ,after they do two years they are eligible for a council house,so it's a good idea.
This lady believes she was overdosed with Tetnetium?after a certain scan she had.After the scan it changed her life as she started feeling suicidal.
She thinks now she's electro-magnetic-sensitive and she carnt go near electrical equipment,as it makes her sick.
She is in a room on her own allday 24/7 without the tv or radio going,she only has a mobile phone that's it.
She carnt go out the house and gets a taxi if she goes out at all.
I watched Dirty dancing with her the other week,that was the 1st bit of television she's watched since X-mas.

Do you have anyone you could go out with?as I find it really helps to have someone with you.
I wish you the best,just take small steps to start with.
Good luck and take care.

Wendy x

F

firemonkee57

I don't go out much. However much i try to act normal other people can tell
that i'm a freak. I can tell by the way they look.

I

Ian1956

I had something like this in my twenties. The thought of going out was really too much. I had to go out though, for alcohol. I would wait for the darkness, then walk to the off licence. It lasted for about 2 years.

I still get panicky sometimes in company, but nothing that makes me reclusive anymore.

The older I have become, the easier it has got for me. I am in my 50's now.