• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Social factors key to ill health

A

Apotheosis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7584056.stm

Social factors - rather than genetics - are to blame for huge variations in ill health and life expectancy around the world, a report concludes.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has carried out a three-year analysis of the "social determinants" of health.

The report concludes "social injustice is killing people on a grand scale".
& we needed the WHO to tell us this!? No Sh*t - The environments we live in impact health! Well I never.

Makes Jung's statement; that the real sickness is not that of the individual; but a sickness of society, even more pertinent.

Aahbut

Aahbut

Yet another gem from the university of the bleeding obvious. Don't you just love the media.

D

Dollit

I've worked on a health education project for a while with a GP and we've been basing the teaching round this very fact (the kids have invented a board game etc) for a long time and I don't know why WHO have done a new study as they have reams of information about it as it is. I'm going to do a study called "Bears Shit In Woods".

Rambuie Perspecador

Rambuie Perspecador

Founding Member
Try a variation - fishes die in plastic oceans, or Carbon dioxide disappears with rain forests. '...the fate of all man-kind, I fear, is in the hands of fools...'

-Quote from King Crimson

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Is that part of 20th century schitzoid man by king crimson, personally preferred quadroprenia by the who, when i got on the intercity at one point i'd play out of my mind on the 5.15