• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Social factors key to ill health

A

Apotheosis

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7584056.stm

Social factors - rather than genetics - are to blame for huge variations in ill health and life expectancy around the world, a report concludes.

The World Health Organization (WHO) has carried out a three-year analysis of the "social determinants" of health.

The report concludes "social injustice is killing people on a grand scale".
& we needed the WHO to tell us this!? No Sh*t - The environments we live in impact health! Well I never.

Makes Jung's statement; that the real sickness is not that of the individual; but a sickness of society, even more pertinent.

Aahbut

Aahbut

Yet another gem from the university of the bleeding obvious. Don't you just love the media.

D

Dollit

I've worked on a health education project for a while with a GP and we've been basing the teaching round this very fact (the kids have invented a board game etc) for a long time and I don't know why WHO have done a new study as they have reams of information about it as it is. I'm going to do a study called "Bears Shit In Woods".

Rambuie Perspecador

Rambuie Perspecador

Founding Member
Try a variation - fishes die in plastic oceans, or Carbon dioxide disappears with rain forests. '...the fate of all man-kind, I fear, is in the hands of fools...'

-Quote from King Crimson

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
Is that part of 20th century schitzoid man by king crimson, personally preferred quadroprenia by the who, when i got on the intercity at one point i'd play out of my mind on the 5.15

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Wellbeing 7