Social anxiety

K

Kellypink

I have social anxiety very severe. I have tried like hell to push past it but it’s an everyday struggle for me. My boyfriend who I love a lot is extremely social and is always pushing me to be more social with his friends and it is SOOO HARD. Plus it makes me feel like he doesn’t like or want me when I am who I am

Bizzarebitrary

Bizzarebitrary

Hi and welcome. Social anxiety is fairly common. Whether it's become a mental health issue depends entirely on whether you feel it's having a significant negative impact on your life. A doctor can help determine if your struggle with anxiety is linked to something else.

If you're curious about it, the most common treatment for social anxiety is therapy of the kind that offers you tools and skills to overcome or cope with anxiety. But that's up to you. Maybe you feel you're just more of an introvert and if so, maybe a compromise with your boyfriend is the way forward.

M

MT1

Treatment of social anxiety is possible with therapies you need to consult with a therapist. For best results therapies are very helpful to change anxious behavior and negative emotions.