• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Social Anxiety Disorder Test

D

Dazed & Confused

20/72

Moderate social anxiety.

S

Shay94

I got 50/72 - extreme social anxiety. Pretty much true as I hardly go out anymore unless I absoutely have to. And even in big group settings I stay quiet and hidden unless spoken to. Sometimes I feel like no one wants to hear what I have to say so I don't bother opening up bout shit coz I never feel heard, especially when it comes to family :(

L

Littlevoice89

Former member
I got 50/72 - extreme social anxiety. Pretty much true as I hardly go out anymore unless I absoutely have to. And even in big group settings I stay quiet and hidden unless spoken to. Sometimes I feel like no one wants to hear what I have to say so I don't bother opening up bout shit coz I never feel heard, especially when it comes to family :(

So could of written this myself, as I know many others could have too. You’re not alone in feeing this way :hug:

jajingna

jajingna

I didn't take the score seriously, and some of those questions were useless. Wasn't one about giving a musical performance in front of others? Anyway, at 50 percent they say that's "severe" and then it gets, uh, worse than severe? But they are trying to sell some online counseling so the more people who score "severe" the more services they might sell.

Quietman5

Quietman5

47/72 but what’s in a number right?

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

I didn't take the score seriously, and some of those questions were useless. Wasn't one about giving a musical performance in front of others? Anyway, at 50 percent they say that's "severe" and then it gets, uh, worse than severe? But they are trying to sell some online counseling so the more people who score "severe" the more services they might sell.
This was one of the questions that required two different answers from me. If the musical performance (in my case, singing) is in front of strangers, I'm fine. I've done it a heap of times! I WANT the attention! But if I know the people, I won't sing at all. NO WAY.

MollyBloom

MollyBloom

16/72

This test doesn’t seem to me very scientifically valid. I tend to avoid situations because I am half deaf and I am a loner, not because I am anxious. I assume this test’s got a low sensitivity. I guess it’s scoring better in specificity.

Last edited by a moderator:
T E_90

T E_90

9/72
I have no social anxiety, but I decided to give it a shot.
I find online tests highly unreliable, especially when it comes to mental health.
The questions can have different interpretations, many depend a lot on the situations and many are not clear.
Having some anxiety around strangers can be normal and can vary from person to person.
I don't find it right to consider everything as something pathological.

O

Onyx1234

50/72 which I find accurate. I hate meeting new people, hate social situations , I never go out, hate eating in public . The only time I go out is with my wife. I don’t even like shopping alone makes me uncomfortable n if I didn’t have to work outside of my home I would stay in doors 97% of the time .

O

Onyx1234

@MollyBloom yah I agree I think most of them r just for fun or whatever. My result came out accurate cuz I am a very anxious person.

Lilbubble

Lilbubble

58/72 I'm no surprised, social distancing etc has in many ways made my life easier

M

my_lovely_username

I got 54. :(

58/72 I'm no surprised, social distancing etc has in many ways made my life easier
I know what you mean, now that most things are open and I'm starting to (try) to do a few more 'normal' things (book appointments, go to the post office, etc.) I'm reminded that I still experience a lot of social anxiety. For the past couple of years it just hasn't been much of an issue.