• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

social anxiety and low self-esteem, I’m slowly getting tired of it

Talina

Talina

Hi everyone, I’m a 23 year old girl and I’ve only had one relationship before. Which turn out not that good but I just did it as a way to get away for a while. I’m reading my last year at university before I take a break from my studies. But that’s only if I manage to get my bachelor exam next year.

I still have trouble taking walks outdoors if I don’t have someone with me or drag my bunny out with me. When I see my friends having a social life and dating, I will always feel loneliness. I won’t feel it when I’m alone because it’s easier to ignore.

I get this lonely empty void I try to fill with my pets, even though I get affection and can find a bit of comfort it’s still not the same. I keep all my friends a certain distance from me and only show different masks of myself. It’s like I go into a role and I just play it. But I’m having more and more trouble controlling my feelings.

One comment my little brother said that made me a bit sad when he talked with me: “At least I had you when growing up but you had no one”.

I have quite a lot of distrust towards people and I have a bit more fear towards men. But I trust only my brothers and my dad. I also have a low self-esteem. So dating a person seem to be impossible right now. I also want to be able to find someone to date some day but that will have to be in the future.

I’ve always pushed myself to face my fears but I’m slowly starting to get tired of doing it.

Just writing this and I had to cuddle with my bunny Odin to calm down. Just to not let my fears go too far. My bunny Odin, that always need to handle my aniexty but he always stay around until I calm down. Before I never wrote on forum until I got him, so he’s a major help.

3BD08A91-88D8-48EE-BBF8-80BC4C5D0D03.jpeg

T

TimeOutForTina

Odin looks like a real cuddle bunny...he’s so cute!

Pets are so good for us...😀

Talina

Talina

Odin looks like a real cuddle bunny...he’s so cute!

Pets are so good for us...😀
Yeah pets are great, I can be myself around them. I don’t need to hide myself and can relax around them. They are easier to understand and read.

Next year I’m planning to get a puppy during summer/autumn if everything goes well ☺

EddieH

EddieH

Forum Safety Team
Hey @Talina great post, well done. Have to introduce to to @Hillman hunter he has a Rabbit called Emily Rose. Pets are good therapy. I'm the same with walking, I'm lucky I have a nice support worker lady that takes me on walks twice a week. You're only young I'm sure things will work out for you.

Last edited:
Hillman hunter

Hillman hunter

Yeah pets are great, I can be myself around them. I don’t need to hide myself and can relax around them. They are easier to understand and read.

Next year I’m planning to get a puppy during summer/autumn if everything goes well ☺
Hello Talina , your bunny is beautiful .
i have a bunny too, and two cats

Talina

Talina

Hello Talina , your bunny is beautiful .
i have a bunny too, and two cats
Hi Hillman hunter ☺

I was going to get a cat instead for a bunny. But when I saw pictures of Odin when he was a kit, I just got the feeling I had to have him. (The baby pictures of Odin).

B7884BFB-64E0-4637-855E-FDE14A1A725F.jpeg
I love cats but I can’t have any right now. But I often donate a bit of money to a cat rescue ☺

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hi everyone, I’m a 23 year old girl and I’ve only had one relationship before. Which turn out not that good but I just did it as a way to get away for a while. I’m reading my last year at university before I take a break from my studies. But that’s only if I manage to get my bachelor exam next year.

I still have trouble taking walks outdoors if I don’t have someone with me or drag my bunny out with me. When I see my friends having a social life and dating, I will always feel loneliness. I won’t feel it when I’m alone because it’s easier to ignore.

I get this lonely empty void I try to fill with my pets, even though I get affection and can find a bit of comfort it’s still not the same. I keep all my friends a certain distance from me and only show different masks of myself. It’s like I go into a role and I just play it. But I’m having more and more trouble controlling my feelings.

One comment my little brother said that made me a bit sad when he talked with me: “At least I had you when growing up but you had no one”.

I have quite a lot of distrust towards people and I have a bit more fear towards men. But I trust only my brothers and my dad. I also have a low self-esteem. So dating a person seem to be impossible right now. I also want to be able to find someone to date some day but that will have to be in the future.

I’ve always pushed myself to face my fears but I’m slowly starting to get tired of doing it.

Just writing this and I had to cuddle with my bunny Odin to calm down. Just to not let my fears go too far. My bunny Odin, that always need to handle my aniexty but he always stay around until I calm down. Before I never wrote on forum until I got him, so he’s a major help.

View attachment 38288
My pets would eat yours for diner hehe. But seriously your only early 20's. I know it had to try fit in and belong and early 20's is when your trying to find yourself and your place in the world. Once you find tour passion you can loose yourself in it xx

Talina

Talina

Hey @Talina great post, well done. Have to introduce to to @Hillman hunter he has a Rabbit called Emily Rose. Pets are good therapy. I'm the same with walking, I'm lucky I have a nice support worker lady that takes me on walks twice a week. You're only young I'm sure things will work out for you.
I’m hoping it will become easier to handle. Because I also want to be able to travel and see new places. Instead of staying at home and restricting myself. I enjoy traveling and also want to do a trip around the world like two of my elder siblings have done.

It might be good having goals in life, even though it seem unrealistic at the moment :redface:

Talina

Talina

My pets would eat yours for diner hehe. But seriously your only early 20's. I know it had to try fit in and belong and early 20's is when your trying to find yourself and your place in the world. Once you find tour passion you can loose yourself in it xx
The reason why I can’t have ferrets, but I wouldn’t be that sure when I had my giant bunny I had before. She was a good figther and all the cats in the neighborhood was scared of her, she was quite mean to animals.

I hope I will find my passion for something☺

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

The reason why I can’t have ferrets, but I wouldn’t be that sure when I had my giant bunny I had before. She was a good figther and all the cats in the neighborhood was scared of her, she was quite mean to animals.

haha know one can really have ferrets. They are stinky mad wee bears. I jus happen ro be more mad rhan my ferrets. And im on my own so i dont give a toss about smelling bad hehe. But you have to me nuts like me to let 4 ferrets run wild in the houses

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Im more mad than a bag of frogs. Im fine with that its who i am.band why i have a wee mini zoo hehe

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Your passion is bunnies no?

Talina

Talina

Your passion is bunnies no?
Nope, I love animals overall. Me getting a bunnies was just I wanted a pet. I was looking into ferrets and cats, but no ferrets was being sold when I was looking and it was hard finding breeders. So I went into to get a cat but ended up with Odin and the other bunnies came after 😂

The giant bunny, I took her so she wouldn’t be putted down and she was just bones because of not being properly fed. At least I had her for 2 years and she got to be happy bunny. While my lop bunny was an aggressive bunny. I nearly took over a new aggressive bunny again a few months ago. But she managed to find a home. My other bunnies except Odin have been people asking me if I can take the bunnies.

I’m only allowed to have bunnies and a dog while living at home. So it might be more pets when I get my own place again. My mom put a stop for me to get a garter snake 😂

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Nope, I love animals overall. Me getting a bunnies was just I wanted a pet. I was looking into ferrets and cats, but no ferrets was being sold when I was looking and it was hard finding breeders. So I went into to get a cat but ended up with Odin and the other bunnies came after 😂

The giant bunny, I took her so she wouldn’t be putted down and she was just bones because of not being properly fed. At least I had her for 2 years and she got to be happy bunny. While my lop bunny was an aggressive bunny. I nearly took over a new aggressive bunny again a few months ago. But she managed to find a home. My other bunnies except Odin have been people asking me if I can take the bunnies.

I’m only allowed to have bunnies and a dog while living at home. So it might be more pets when I get my own place again. My mom put a stop for me to get a garter snake 😂
Hey im not saying anyone should get ferrets thats just my passion. You need to find to find your passion in life. I used to be obsessed with with my piano and my guitars. You should find you passion and throw yourself into it!xx

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hey im not saying anyone should get ferrets thats just my passion. You need to find to find your passion in life. I used to be obsessed with with my piano and my guitars. You should find you passion and throw yourself into it!xx
anything constructive is good.