• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Social anxiety and depression

A

Aimee44

Hey,

I’ve been struggling with social anxiety since my early teens. The depression
started getting bad last year, I find it hard to find the energy to leave my house and having to go to work the next day gives me a lot of anxiety because I don’t have the energy to deal with people (I’m a nurse) I have talked to my GP and was put on medications which helped but I didn’t like the weight gain so I stopped. Making phone calls gives me a lot of anxiety as well. I just dread work and I would find a new job if I had the time (I’m in full time university studies too)... just feeling overwhelmed and wish I could talk to someone who has social anxiety too.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello Aimee and welcome to the forum. I am sorry you have social anxiety. You are doing really well to hold down your job and studies despite how you feel. Could you talk to your doctor about trying a different medication? It is worth exploring them as they made you feel better. You will find many members on here with social anxiety. You are not alone.