• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So what...what is this all about?

T

Tomf

Got a diagnoses from psychiatrist for Bi-Polar Type 2, suggested some books i buy and i look on the website.

That was...err...about 5 days ago, i've looked around and googled some stuff, read abit of my book, but decided its better to talk to people with it.

So...what is it? Should i tell my teachers? any friends? prospective employers?

One friend saw me reading An Unquiet Mind, asked what it was about, i said manic depression and they said, and i quote "Woah...talk about bringing the room down..."

iffybob

iffybob

Stupids

The world is full of idiots and the uneducated, they do far more harm than us... :unsure:

Look around here and ask for the help and advice you think you need.. ( it may take a few hours, or a day or so.. )

Try the link below for leaflets etc... ( you may need to look around a bit )

http://www.rethink.org/

Take care .. and look after yourself, ... boB .. :)

lilly666

lilly666

Hi!

Wot do u feel like? I am waiting diagnosis.

are you on any meds?

have you had cbt, has it worked?

Im fed up of feeling like crap and taking one step forward and 3 back!

Ive found real life stories An Unquiet Mind Kay Redfield Jamieson, is good to know there are people out there when with the proper treatment lead great lives!

Can books realy help people get well?

Not in my experience!
:confused:

T

Tomf

Hi, i'm not on any meds, only got told i had it a week or 2 ago, but i dont want them, the depressions i can live with mainly, and i only get hypomanias anyway (smaller ones) so atm i "think" i can cope without them,

Havnt had CBT, and no the books cant help people get well, but personally reading someting and relating to it helps abit, if only to understand it