• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

So what now...??!

serotonincat

serotonincat

I was referred to the mental health team four weeks ago, suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts. I was initially seen by a psychiatrist and a CPN for an assessment and I continued to see the CPN once a week for the last four weeks. Today, I saw the psychiatrist again and after he diagnosed me with Borderline Personality Disorder, they discharged me from their care!! I get that the CPN was part of the assessment team but I can't understand why I've just been dumped on my own now! I was told to contact the complex needs service for psychotherapy which I have done and they have told me they have a waiting list until March. So what on earth am I supposed to do for support over the next three months? I'm honestly in shock and I feel so let down.. What am I supposed to do? :unsure::cry:

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

I'm sorry you're going through this alone. I think it's shocking and I'm not surprised you feel let down. I would suggest going back to your GP and explaining everything to them. Stress that you can't be left alone until March. They probably won't be able to speed up your appointment but they may be able to refer you to someone else for support in the interim. I hope you manage to get the support you need.

D

Deliah

That's really not good enough and not right that you are in a position of having to fight for support when you are unwell. I don't know where you are in the world, but maybe you can get some support of sorts from MIND if you are in the UK. I wish you every success with you GP and hopefully getting a much sooner appointment. I would say that if you have any funds or anyone who is willing to help, I would find a private therapist. love to you D xxxx

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

The psychiatrist discharged you, or you were discharged from the whole services?
That is completely unacceptable, especially if you weren't consulted during the process in which it was decided that they would no longer help you.
I would be tempted to seek out an advocate in your area and press them on the matter.
Also, possibly make a complaint to PALS. Not sure how they are in your area, but they've taken my concerns very seriously in the past and been helpful.

I'm pretty shocked to read you've been dropped like that. I can't see the reasoning behind it, and am really sorry that that's happened.

If in the meantime you feel you need urgent care, don't forget you can always see your GP or an ambulance if you're at risk of serious self-harm.

C

Chamaeleon

You have my sympathy. This is why I only seek antidepressants, and even at that I'm seen as an ass. They've made me behave in a manner that is not me. But this is why seeing someone will never be on the cards for me.